My grandad

Captain cave man
11th September 2009, 01:06
Hello all,im new here so please bear with me.My Grandad who was my hero by the way,was an Arethusa Boy from 1934 i think.His Name was Sidney Kent Britton named after H.M.S Kent Battle of the Falklands 1914,does any one remember him and where he went after the Arethusa,ive heard its probaly the only training ship you could leave and get a good ship for the fact you were an arethusa boy.Well respected Ship sadly my Grandad passed away 2 years ago,if any one can help i would much appreciate it as he went on to join the Special Boat Service and many of his ops were secret,so finding info on the first ship he loined is pretty difficult many thanks

billyboy
11th September 2009, 01:59
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer.
Hope you find a lead to the information you require real soon.

bert thompson
11th September 2009, 07:12
Welcome. Hope you get the information you seek
Best wishes
Bert.

non descript
11th September 2009, 07:34
CCM, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and a first and unusual but most worthwhile posting - let's hope someome amongst out 40,000 Members will be able to shed light on the events and Sidney Kent Britton; and then respond to you. In the meantime do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings in due course. (Thumb)

R58484956
11th September 2009, 10:37
Greetings CCM and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

K urgess
11th September 2009, 11:28
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

Gulpers
11th September 2009, 22:33
CCM,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

benjidog
12th September 2009, 00:02
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

Captain cave man
14th September 2009, 01:52
for the very kind welcome i have received,im sure i will enjoy.I did join the royal navy forum,as i have my great grandads war diary when he served on the hms Kent Battle of the Falklands 1914.The Kent done its bit in the Battle of the Falklands.What Brave Men they were.My Great Grandad was a cheif Petit Stoker the unsung heroes of the battle of the Falklands.This is an accurate account of the Battle from when it started to when The put 35 lydytes into he Dresden.I have Read T Dixons account of the Battle the only other one known and some of it is wrong.I have the longitude and latitude of where the Nurnberg sank,or as Mr Dixon put it they fought splendidly,they were nigh on slaughtered in na Day the whole of Von Spees Navy Bar the Dresden.It has an iron Cross in the front i gather he swapped it for his Cap Ribbon.If i ask a question in the royal navy Forum they assume i know as i have this DiaryThere arrogance astounds me it really does this diary contradicts History and is a Detailed Day by Day account.He was a very precise man and had no reason to lie.it has ovr 20.000 words in

gdynia
14th September 2009, 23:30
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage