Hello From New Member

DiverTim
11th September 2009, 08:03
Hi, I have just joined your Forum, I am an employed and functioning Marine Steam Certificated Engineer now on a FPSO positioned offshore Equatorial Guinea West Africa. The vessel before conversion was Esso Kawasaki a 300,000 DWT VLCC. Japanese Steam Plant...very nicely made in 1974, quality was the word in those days. We are currently hooked up to the sea bed and another 2 platforms. We collect oil from their wells and our own. Every week now we export to a tanden moored Tanker 1 million Barrels of oil. When we first arrived here it was every 3 days. Oil wells decline in production, just same as lemonade goes flat in an opened bottle. However the current production is still very much a money making enterprise.

Before picking up this job I was Engineer in 2000MW UK Power Station, also one of the few Steam Engineers on the ill fated Low Line Edinburgh Castle! Hopefully now at my age I have some small knowledge and experience of Steam Plant operation and maintenance.

My interests are scuba diving, particularly off Weymouth in UK were I have some good friends with similar interests. We dive wrecks, and other locations to get scallops / Fish / Lobsters and crabs for our own consumtion.

That's about it, hope to be able to read interesting posts and maybe contribute something to the forum.
Best RGds
TC

non descript
11th September 2009, 08:09
TC, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and a first and most interesting posting - you will find plenty of kindred spirits on here. Enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your further postings and artistry in due course. (Thumb)

billyboy
11th September 2009, 08:19
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer.

bert thompson
11th September 2009, 08:26
Welcome to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

DiverTim
11th September 2009, 08:27
Hi Bilge Rat, spent many a holiday in PP, diving at Dumaguete, Moaboal, Malapascua, Bohol, Subic, Ticao Island and Subic. Last year made Truk Lagoon, site of so many shipwrecks from WW2. The Americans were on the march to deliver due justice for events that best not be mentioned in detail.
Hope to visit your country again soon.
Rgds

GWB
11th September 2009, 09:05
Welcome aboard enjoy the site.

GWB

R58484956
11th September 2009, 10:34
Greetings DT and welcome to SN from the south of England, enjoy the site and bon voyage.

K urgess
11th September 2009, 11:27
Welcome aboard from northern England, TC.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

Gulpers
11th September 2009, 22:32
TC,

A warm welcome to the site from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

benjidog
12th September 2009, 00:01
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.