How to put date & time stamp on digital pictures.

jmcg
15th May 2019, 15:10
I have a number of digi cameras but only ever use one for day to day use, in this case a Fuji Finepix F60

I have set up the date and time from the menu and this I believe is Ok. But when I view pictures on the computer there is no date or time on on them.

Is there something else I need to do or I have to buy some software?

I would not really bother to have the date and time but I took some pictures of an incident last week and have been told that it would be better suited for the victim if the pics were so stamped.

All suggestion gratefully received.

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)

Erimus
15th May 2019, 15:18
Normally this function appears on camera menu...have you read the instructions,if you still have them?
geoff

jmcg
15th May 2019, 15:32
Yes, I've followed on the screen(camera) set up for date and time and pressed "set"/OK.

Thank you for prompt reply.

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)

norm.h
15th May 2019, 16:02
Somewhere in that Menu should be an option to include the date on images.

From my Fuji Finepix [SL300] manual: In the 'Setup Menu Options'

DATE STAMP
To add shooting date and time, choose T + U.
To add only shooting date, choose T. When OFF
is selected, no information will be added to the
pictures.
1 Notes
• Added shooting date and time can not be deleted
from the pictures. To take pictures without date and
time, select OFF for S DATE STAMP.
• When the camera clock is not set, setting dialog will
be displayed. Set the date and time (pg. 15).
• When using S DATE STAMP, selecting WITHOUT
DATE for K PRINT ORDER (DPOF) is recommend-
ed (pg. 66).
• Date and time can not be added to the movies and
the panoramas.

Farmer John
15th May 2019, 16:05
Your camera is quite a modern one even if it is discontinued, the date time and much other information will be recorded when you take a photo. Somewhere in one of the setup menus there will probably be an option to put the date on the picture, you will just have to plod through them to find it. My guess is somewhere in the size of file options, but I don't have a Fuji right now. The data will be in the file somewhere.

norm.h
15th May 2019, 19:35
Here's a link to a F60 user manual
https://www.fujifilm.com/support/digital_cameras/manuals/pdf/index/f/finepix_f60fd_manual_01.pdf
On page 86 are the Setup options, but it would appear that adding time/ date to images isn't one of them.

jmcg
15th May 2019, 22:15
Thank you all for the very helpful info.

I will retry again tomorrow. I witnessed a drive-by petrol station theft (woman's handbag as she was filling up) last week and managed to capture some evidence.

Will keep you posted.

Norman H - thank you for link to fuji.

BW

J (Gleam)(Gleam)

Farmer John
15th May 2019, 22:38
If you pass your card to someone who is collecting evidence, the date and time stamp are on there in what is known as EXIF data. To get them on a print is, in some ways, not necessary, the data is part of the photo.

https://photographylife.com/what-is-exif-data

Good luck, it all seems arcane but there is more in your photo than you think.

jmcg
16th May 2019, 08:00
Still ongoing with the authorities and will let them know if I don't succeed.

Thanks again FJ

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)

DeepSeaDiver
27th May 2019, 19:50
If you download the photos in question with the crime, from your camera to your hard drive on your computer and right click the jpg and see the properties does the capture date and time stamp show there? If it does not you may not be able to include the date and time stamp with the crime photos.