Hello There

ROY LORENTZ
30th September 2005, 20:55
My name is Roy Lorentz and I am from Durban at the Southern tip of Africa.
Whilst I have never been to sea I have always had a great love of things maritime.
My hobby is building/collecting/sailing radio controlled scale model boats with a preference for tugs from ocan-going salvage tugs to harbour berthing tugs.
My "fleet"numbers 8 boats including the JOHN ROSS,the last steam tug in South Africa the "J.R.MORE",SMIT ROTTERDAM,SMIT NEDERLAND,ZWARTE ZEE,AMSTERDAM:and the PARAT.All of these boats are fully operational and as I have recently retired they provide much joy in my life particularly as our weather facilitates sailing all year round.
Kind regards,
Roy Lorentz

Paul UK
30th September 2005, 21:16
Welcome Roy , you will find a lot of Model Pictures and modelers here.

Paul

Fairfield
30th September 2005, 21:55
Hope you are able to show some photos of them.I admire modellers greatly-a great skill.

Doug Rogers
30th September 2005, 22:55
Welcome to the site Roy, enjoy it and look forward to your contributions.

thunderd
1st October 2005, 01:16
Roy you have come to the right site for ship modellers we have some excellent ones here. I hope you enjoy the site and look forward to your input.

ruud
1st October 2005, 09:20
Ahoy Roy,

Welcome aboard, love to see your "models", enjoy your staying here.
Wasn't there[Durban] a big party a couple of yrs. ago?I do have an article,from a newspaper but it's not complete, saying that this was the first ship, in early 1900's, the Armadale Castle
http://img30.imageshack.us/img30/3222/armadalecastledurbanharbour1oz.th.jpg (http://img30.imageshack.us/my.php?image=armadalecastledurbanharbour1oz.jpg)

R58484956
1st October 2005, 15:30
Welcome aboard Roy, enjoy the site and all it has to offer.Remember Durban well the rickshaw boys and the whale station at port entrance.

Old Se Dog
21st May 2019, 21:36
[QUOTE=ruud;17320]Ahoy Roy,

Wasn't there[Durban] a big party a couple of yrs. ago?I do have an article,from a newspaper but it's not complete, saying that this was the first ship, in early 1900's, the Armadale Castle

hello - and yes i know the thread is old - i just happened to chance on it

armadale castle was indeed the first to cross the bar in durban - mailship that is - 26 th june 1904 -she was however not the first ship to have done this