Just Joined

kiwibird
14th March 2010, 18:00
Having spent 20 years, from 1970 until 1990, working at the Head Office of the Marine Division, Ministry of Transport, in Wellington, New Zealand, on seafarer's records, shipping casualties and wrecks, ship surveys, shipping registration, and harbours and foreshores, I am interested in all aspects of NZ shipping. Now resident in my native Scotland again, I am also interested in UK merchant shipping, with particular reference to Clyde owners/builders.

I am currently working on an article for 'NZ Marine News' about life on board the battle-cruiser HMS 'Renown' during the Prince of Wales's tour of NZ and Australia in 1920 (I have a copy of the ship's bulky magazine here which describes the tour) and also one about the history of Kerr, Newton & Calder, the Glasgow-based owners of the ship 'Dundonald', which was wrecked on NZ's Auckland Islands in 1907. Any information re these matters would be appreciated.

benjidog
14th March 2010, 19:11
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

non descript
14th March 2010, 19:17
KB, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community and thank you for your first posting. Do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage.

K urgess
14th March 2010, 20:03
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

bert thompson
15th March 2010, 10:15
Welcome kiwibird and look forward to your postings
Best wishes
Bert.

R58484956
15th March 2010, 19:38
Greetings Kiwibird and welcome to SN from the old country. Bon voyage.

billyboy
18th March 2010, 08:32
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer