hello

S. Toth
25th March 2010, 01:17
Hello again everybody I was wondering To use this site must you be a ex mariner, and is there a specific age you must be above?

Peter B
25th March 2010, 02:04
Anyone with an interest in ships can join, regardless of profession, nationality, religion, sex, looks, likes, age, etc..... :)

non descript
25th March 2010, 08:34
Steve, by and large your query has already been answered with style and accuracy by Peter and there is little more to add, other than maybe to stress that everyone is welcome regardless of background and the only requirement is a desire to convert an interest in Ships and the Sea, into making this SN Site a pleasant place. We are sure that since June 2008 you have seen good examples of this ethos.

S. Toth
27th March 2010, 23:47
Hie would others be treated differently if there age turned out to be below the general population's? Would they still be included in the S.N family of shipping interest, and be able to participate in the quizzes, and informational forums with the same respect and regard as any other member who has something to say would? I think then we would be brushed off as having no knowledge or use on this site.

I will not lie to anyone on this site, I myself am younger then the general population. I want to be included, so that I may gain knowledge and greater interest in ships and the maritime world simply because the maritime world is the career path that I wish to choose.

Peter B
28th March 2010, 09:26
Hie would others be treated differently if there age turned out to be below the general population's? Would they still be included in the S.N family of shipping interest, and be able to participate in the quizzes, and informational forums with the same respect and regard as any other member who has something to say would? I think then we would be brushed off as having no knowledge or use on this site.
Stephen, I think you will find that a vast majority, if not all, members of this site will only welcome an young man such as yourself, presenting an interest in maritime matters.
The world in general is changing, and so is the maritime world. And whereas this site has a lot of focus on the past, I think the future interests us all as well.
If you think (I most certainly do) that you can gain something from this site, by all means go on and make the most of it.
Be open, be honest, don't pretend to be what you are not (something you obviously don't need to be told, as your post is very clear in that respect), and I am sure you will be met by anyone here with an equally open mind and a genuine interest in supporting your quest for knowledge and inspiration.

And may I add, that I, for one, am curious about your exact age! (*))