Just updating

Ivan at sea
13th April 2010, 19:10
Served as deck cadet PSNC 1954-1958 on all the "S" class ships

3rd Mate with Ropners a few trips One trip was 22 months on "Wandby" luckily she was a happy ship under Captain Churchill, who sadly no longer with us

Would like to contact Joe Meakin Mate on "Wandby" if he reads this

Served on coast with Everards, Stevie Clarkes, Comben Longstaff
Supt with Combens 1965 - 1973, then joined Swiss Company as Supt stationed in Karachi

Manager Global Shipping Dubai 1975-1979

Regards

to all Ivan at sea

gdynia
13th April 2010, 19:12
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

K urgess
13th April 2010, 19:12
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Ivan.
Find your way around the ship and get to know the crew.
Have a good trip.

non descript
13th April 2010, 19:14
Ivan, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage (Thumb)

R58484956
13th April 2010, 19:26
Greetings Ivan and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Ivan at sea
13th April 2010, 19:32
Thanks guys, the computer not my strongest point, as the little grey cells are slowing down a bit,as Andy will tell you, as he has helped me with his prompt replies to my inability to access the site. I know I will enjoy the site, hope I can make some useful contributions

Regards

Ivan at sea

bert thompson
13th April 2010, 20:27
Welcome Ivan to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

lakercapt
13th April 2010, 20:37
Spent a few days on "Swiftpool" before going on to "Ingleby" and Captain Churchill was master of the "Swiftpool". Thought he was a gentleman. That was in July 1955 when I was apprentice.Fell in love with one of his daughters but I was 19 and the romance was ended before it got serious. Such is the life of a sailor

billyboy
13th April 2010, 22:44
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Ivan at sea
14th April 2010, 16:55
Spent a few days on "Swiftpool" before going on to "Ingleby" and Captain Churchill was master of the "Swiftpool". Thought he was a gentleman. That was in July 1955 when I was apprentice.Fell in love with one of his daughters but I was 19 and the romance was ended before it got serious. Such is the life of a sailor

Spent time on the Swiftpool as 3rd mate in 1959 a lovely ship, Capt Churchill in command, he sent for me when he joined the Wandby, he was a pleasure to sail with and rotated all officers on Foc'le, stern and bridge duties, and even as 3m let you bring the ship to anchor, invaluable experience, wish all masters had been the same. Sadly he passed away sometime ago, Mrs Churchill still alive and in her nineties and still living in Brixham. Don't know about the daughters! We used to sail close to Brixham when in the channel and he used the aldis lamp to contact his wife, whether she read morse or not is debateable. He had a good sense of humour, lacking in a lot of masters I sailed with

All the best Ivan

benjidog
14th April 2010, 23:11
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.