Hi all

jack barker 53
14th April 2010, 13:38
Hi im Jack Barker from Grimsby,an ex fisherman and im looking forward to joining the forums and sharing any information i have(Thumb)

non descript
14th April 2010, 13:40
Jack, a warm welcome to you. Thank you for joining the community; do enjoy the site and all it has to offer, and we very much look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage (Thumb)

K urgess
14th April 2010, 13:47
Welcome aboard from East Yorkshire, Jack.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

jack barker 53
14th April 2010, 14:03
cheers lads,im also new to computers so just bear with me(Applause)

R58484956
14th April 2010, 14:25
Greetings Jack and a warm welcome to SN from the south coast. Bon voyage.

bert thompson
14th April 2010, 17:15
Welcome Jack to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

billyboy
14th April 2010, 22:50
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

trotterdotpom
14th April 2010, 22:57
Welcome Jack. Amongst everything else, you may be interested in the Grimsby Fishing Vessel and Hull Fishing Vessel threads. You may even see some familiar names.

John T.

benjidog
14th April 2010, 23:16
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

GWB
15th April 2010, 03:18
Welcome aboard from Brisbane in Oz. enjoy the trip

Ivan at sea
15th April 2010, 19:40
Welcome Jack. Amongst everything else, you may be interested in the Grimsby Fishing Vessel and Hull Fishing Vessel threads. You may even see some familiar names.

John T.

Hi trotterdotpom

Noticed your reply to jack, how do I get into the Hull fishing vessel threads, as cannot find them, then again I'm not the brightest pea in the pod when it comes to computers

Sailed on trawlers, sidewinders "Swanland" built 1915 and the "St Benedict" built 1936

Regards

Ivan at sea

trotterdotpom
15th April 2010, 22:44
Hello Ivan, well down West Dock Street used to be good route as I recall, but I hear disappointment awaits anyone going that way these days. If you click on Search Forums up near the top right hand corner of the homepage a little box appears. Type "Hull Fishing Vessels" in the box and click "Go". A page full of different stuff will appear, just scroll down looking in the left hand side and eventually you will come to "Hull Fishing Vessels". Click on this and you'll be passing the Bullnose in no time. Enjoy.

John T.

Ivan at sea
15th April 2010, 23:45
Hello Ivan, well down West Dock Street used to be good route as I recall, but I hear disappointment awaits anyone going that way these days. If you click on Search Forums up near the top right hand corner of the homepage a little box appears. Type "Hull Fishing Vessels" in the box and click "Go". A page full of different stuff will appear, just scroll down looking in the left hand side and eventually you will come to "Hull Fishing Vessels". Click on this and you'll be passing the Bullnose in no time. Enjoy.

John T.

Thanks John and to others who guided this lost navigator onto the correct course, it is appreciated, Saw pictures of the Hull fish Docks recently , they have been mostly filled in and are now a shopping Mall and Industrial Estate, it is so sad that an industry of nearly four thousand souls in Hull alone, disappeared into the wild blue yonder, and a way of life, which although not perfect at times certainly bred a certain type of camadrie, although we never called it that!

regards

Ivan

bob nightingale
22nd February 2013, 01:51
Hiya jack,
Welcome from a scouser,
Bob.