Hello my future friends to be... Denmark calling...ss

Roedspaetten
18th April 2010, 22:22
Hello "fellow-ship-hobby-fan" around the World... I found this site while surfing for ship-photos and registry-informations...
I have just been here a few hours looking and discovering the homepage and I must say, that it`s the most fantastic site I have seen in a long time... I will enjoy every visit I will make here in the years to come...
So I will try to get to know you as time goes by, but I`ll promise to be a polite guy from the very beginning and if I shouldn`t keep my promise up acording to your standards I trust you`ll tell me when I need to keep my promise in mind(*)).
I will say hello to you all and wish each of you the very best in life. All said in the best meaning you can think of. And I hope you will meet me in the same way..
I`m an old, 55, danish sailor, former, and shipsbuilder, (steel), who kept my love for the sea and for all kinds of vessels and ships in the world...
So as you can see, I`m not so very different from you lot....
Currently I`m looking out for any information or photos of ships from the danish coaster-company Nielsen & Bresling, or Bres-line... They have 50 years anniversery this year and I have been sailing in their ships for some 3 to 4 years when I was a very young and hopefull man.... And I am trying to find pictures of each and every ship they have now, or have had in the past. And what the former Bres-ships is conserned I`ll be looking for their photos and registrations since they were Bres-ships. I have found out, that some of them are scrapped, sunk, or has been laid up for a shorter or longer period of time. And some of them have had many new names and registrations and are rather difficult to track, but I`m still looking for pics and/or inforrmations of any kind about the ships, and I`m hoping very much to get lucky...ss..
That was a little about me, a strange dane, or is it a danish stranger???
Forgive me for my english language, I haven`t used it very much since I stopped sailing many many, very many, years ago....ss... So I`m writing this letter trying to remember my school-learnings within english tongue, and that isn`t too good I think... But I tried my very best to make this mail understandable to you.... Hope I succeeded in an allright manor...
Beast reagards to you from Kent in Denmark....

Frank P
18th April 2010, 22:37
Welcome onboard Kent, enjoy the site.

Cheers Frank

K urgess
18th April 2010, 22:57
Welcome aboard from northern England.
Find your way around and get to know the crew.
Have a good voyage.

benjidog
18th April 2010, 23:35
Welcome from Lancashire - I hope you will enjoy the site.

BTW at 55 you are pretty young by our standards. :)

eriskay
18th April 2010, 23:37
Hello, Kent-in-Denmark !

Your use of the English language is first class, make no apologies for anything. When I used to deal with Amerada Hess at their Copenhagen offices I was always impressed with just how expert the Danes whom I worked with were in the English language. Hope you find what you are after in due course and enjoy this excellent maritime website.

Angus

bert thompson
19th April 2010, 07:43
Welcome Kent. Hope you enjoy all that this wonderful site offers
Best wishes
Bert.

GWB
19th April 2010, 07:52
Welcome aboard kent from Aussie have a great trip enjoy the site.

billyboy
19th April 2010, 09:13
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

charles henry
19th April 2010, 14:28
Welcome to this great site. My first ship belonged to the Damskabelskabet (Spelling) line which was managed by Brockelbank during the war. It was torpedoed and Captain Roder received a Danish decoration.
You will find all kinds of people with all kinds of backgrounds on this site

Welcome aboard and Enjoy

Charles

NoMoss
19th April 2010, 16:14
Welcome Kent - we need some younger members. I think your English is very good.

R58484956
19th April 2010, 17:21
Greetings Kent and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

gdynia
20th April 2010, 03:17
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage