Hello from New Zealand

POs Daughter
29th April 2010, 12:51
Hi and thank you for the welcome.

I hope to learn more about my father's war history over the next few months, while he was alive he didn't like talking about it much, but after he died, Mum gave me his medals and war records.

Louise

Andy
29th April 2010, 13:51
Hi and welcome to SN, we hope you enjoy our site and find the information you are looking for. We have dedicated forums on SN for ship research and research on individuals.
Best regards,
Andy

Derek Roger
29th April 2010, 13:56
Welcome from Canada Louise ; enjoy all the site has to offer . Regards Derek

R58484956
29th April 2010, 15:21
Greetings Louise and a warm welcome to SN from the south of England. Bon voyage.

bert thompson
29th April 2010, 20:03
Louise welcome to this great site. Hope you soon have the information you seek
Best wishes
Bert.

Brian Twyman
29th April 2010, 20:34
Hi and thank you for the welcome.

I hope to learn more about my father's war history over the next few months, while he was alive he didn't like talking about it much, but after he died, Mum gave me his medals and war records.

Louise

Welcome Louise, always good to see another kiwi join. Give me a yell if I can help.
Kind regards
Brian

Donald McGhee
29th April 2010, 22:17
Hi Louise,

Good to see another Kiwi and a female one at that in our ranks. This is a fabulous site and I'm sure you will get maximum assistance.

Cheers

spongebob
29th April 2010, 22:54
Welcome to the site Louise.
Can you tell us your Dad's name and what he did in the navy. I knew a lot of WW2 naval people from my post war days at the Dockyard and there might be a slim chance of recognition.

Regards

Bob

jg grant
30th April 2010, 21:21
Hi Louise, welcome from North shore jafaland. Ronnie

GWB
30th April 2010, 21:25
Welcome aboard from Brisbane across the ditch enjoy the site.

billyboy
30th April 2010, 22:52
Welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
1st May 2010, 09:55
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

POs Daughter
13th July 2014, 13:19
Hi and thanks for all the lovely greetings. I am sorry it has taken me so long to get back to everyone, but I have had a couple of computer deaths over the last four years and am only just getting all my bookmarks resurrected.

My Dad was in the Royal Navy as a DEMS gunner on merchant ships during the war. I am trying to locate as much as possible about the ships he was on as they are not listed on his records. The ones I have been told about from another site are the Reaveley in Oct 1942 to 1943 and the Havfru 1944 to 1945.

Kind regards, Louise