Hi from Lowestoft.

freelance
10th May 2010, 15:44
Hi.
Joined today. I once used to fish on Lowestoft vessels, drifters and trawlers. I am trying to find info about the LT boats that went to Newfoundland - I believe it was in the fifties. Have never yet found anyone that went or returned, although I know the ex-owner of two of the boats. I did sail on one of them that came back. It was re-named 'Dauntless Star'. I believe the original 'Dauntless Star' didn't return.

fred henderson
10th May 2010, 16:12
A warm welcome to SN. I hope that you will fully enjoy the benefits of your membership by joining in the discussions on any topic that you find to be of interest to you. If Fishing Vessels are one of these you may like to have access to the photos in the Fishing Vessels Gallery. This can be achieved by following the instructions in: -
https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=10667

philipbalfe
10th May 2010, 20:27
Hi Freelance.
Welcolm to you from sunny Dover well ti was today,only dun one fishing boat out of Lowestoft that was it for me but dun three run jobs for Brook marin good ship yeard
nice people thers sum nice pupsas i rember.
all the best Phil Balfe

billyboy
10th May 2010, 23:08
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

bert thompson
11th May 2010, 06:13
Freelance welcome. Enjoy all that this great site offers
Best wishes
Bert.

R58484956
11th May 2010, 11:45
Greetings Freelance and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

vectiscol
11th May 2010, 22:08
Welcome, too from sunny Suffolk.