gravesend sea school

jacobite_2
20th May 2010, 11:28
hello all, i was a peanut at gravesend 1968 as a deckboy...great days they were too....sailed as a shaw saville cowboy many a time...loved it..it's a shame that young men can never get the chances we had..its all gone now....wish i could go back in time.....and meet ma wee bunnies in kiwi....

Andy
20th May 2010, 12:11
Hi and welcome aboard. Don't forget our shaw savill forum here
https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/forumdisplay.php?f=192

And if you look further down this page you will see many links to other threads on SN about Gravesend sea school
cheers,
Andy

R58484956
20th May 2010, 15:19
Greetings jacobite_2 and a warm welcome to SN from south of the border. Bon voyage.

Gulpers
20th May 2010, 15:34
jacobite_2,

A warm welcome to SN from the Isle of Anglesey.
There is every chance that you will meet old shipmates on this site so, have a good look round and join in the banter as much as possible.
Beware, it is addictive! (Thumb)

billyboy
20th May 2010, 22:29
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

barrow-boy
20th May 2010, 23:16
Hello Jacobite,
I was a peanut August - November 1968 was you there at that time?
Nick.

willwall
21st May 2010, 09:09
hello all, i was a peanut at gravesend 1968 as a deckboy...great days they were too....sailed as a shaw saville cowboy many a time...loved it..it's a shame that young men can never get the chances we had..its all gone now....wish i could go back in time.....and meet ma wee bunnies in kiwi....

I was at gravesend may to august 1968 and sailed on the Cedric.

Willwall

jaigee
21st May 2010, 09:57
A view of the site today. I believe that the white buildings in the centre of the photograph was where the school stood.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/8550/p1020610a.jpg (http://img21.imageshack.us/i/p1020610a.jpg/)

gdynia
22nd May 2010, 08:00
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

jacobite_2
22nd May 2010, 08:08
i need to dig out my discharge book for dates of when i was at nsts...i remember puffin billy....he did the wee ship...ships wheel.."hard a port".....scott...he did bends and hitches.....mighty mouse did life boat..i think....while i was there... 3 boys were made to leave...for stealing..one scottish guy...the captain said was not proven...(scottish law)....in my class..there was a guy called stephen foote from liverpool...a good pal he was....lolol...he covered up for me one time.....i wet the feckin bed...i was top bunk....lolol.... was there summer time am shure...i mind one boy got sent home...he was gonny stick his hand in the lecky box....i think he was bullied...no shure...his mum wrote a letter to the school...it was read out to us all...oh....and i had a girl friend in gravesend....musta been coz of ma accent...coz i wasnt good lookin....lolol...shaw saville and albion... i was on the "canopic"...."migantic"...and the "arawa"....10 passage to ozz and kiwi...then the tasmania star..i loved the kiwi coast...country of free love......some of them lassies on the coast had more sea service than me......i hope this wee note is ok.....coz am right into this site...its very good....thank you

franny
1st July 2010, 08:52
i was a peanut at sea school 1972

franny
1st July 2010, 08:54
sailed with ocl bay boat,s