Regards From Canada Hi All....

cagbird
24th May 2010, 23:01
Greetings from Ray in Canada, ship modeler, amateur historian, naval enthusiast.
I have huge interest in Ships of the COLD WAR, post WWII to the late 1980s, especially naval aviation and carriers. 2nd close love is the cruisers, destroyers, frigates etc. of the Vietnam era. I reside in landlocked central Canada, far from any salt water port, but have travelled when I could to Norfolk, San Francisco, Puget Sound, San Diego, and visited and photographed ships at all these places and more..... in fact I have an extensive 35mm Kodachrome slide collection of ships and aircraft of the US fleet...the AC have all tailhooks so thats carrier navy. I have been priveleged to visit onboard and sail on many US Carriers and Cruisers and also to many naval air stations and bases. I have never gone overseas, but have traded many many slides of ships from the Med and elsewhere.

Anyone out there have slides to trade? Am fairly fussy about quality though as mine are in condition like they were shot yesterday. Please feel free to email me at ***************** ....
I did visit the forums and did some good browsing....as a graphic artist on my iMac, I must confess that there are some GREAT old pictures that have been posted....what frustrates me a bit is that many of these images should have been cropped tighter, lightened or darkend, enhanced before posting. Saw some great pics of Carriers and Cruisers...and no doubt the original image was really nice, but wow, a good scan with cropping and pulling them in tighter and THEN posting would be just sweet....since I am a ship modeler I am always looking for closeups of bridges, masts, radars, ships boats, weps systems, fantail details... and most of these pics are just a teaser too far away in my opinion. If I can assist any of you who wish to post some pictures of ships, they can jpeg me a good scan and I can crop and tweak it and send it back......its amazing the differences there are....
anyway enough of my rant from Ray in Canada. Callsign CAGBIRD

billyboy
24th May 2010, 23:13
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Enjoy all this great site has to offer

Gulpers
25th May 2010, 05:34
Ray,

A warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey, I guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
Since you share common interests with many of our members you will undoubtedly be exchanging messages before long.

In accordance with Site policy, your email address has been removed from your original message. If necessary, members can contact you by Private Message (PM). (Thumb)

bert thompson
25th May 2010, 08:31
Welcome to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

fred henderson
25th May 2010, 14:17
A warm welcome to SN. I hope that you will fully enjoy the benefits of your membership by joining in the discussions on any topic that you find to be of interest to you.

cagbird
25th May 2010, 16:42
I usually troll the model ship threads and forums this is a first out here....I am in a landlocked city in a huge country, 1,600 miles from any salt water port...I sure wished I lived near a nice port I would be down on the docks all the time watching and shooting... (photo)... I will bet most of you chaps are a stones throw from some stone rampart overlooking a shipping channel or two...
again, I have lots of nice navy ship 35mm slides to trade there must be you guys out there that have shot slides over the last few years...now with digital that has sort of changed, but I did the switch too.....

Ray in Canada

R58484956
25th May 2010, 19:05
Greetings Ray and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.