Hello from the Gulf of Mexico

GeeM
25th May 2010, 18:06
Good day all and hello from an Increasingly polluted US Gulf of Mexico.

I have posted here before but couldnt work out how to log back In so I have re-joined. I am an English Marine Engineer, living and working In Louisiana as a Class Surveyor with ABS. I served a UK Merchant Merchant Marine Engineer Cadetship with Turnbull Scott at Poplar Tech and subsequently sailed with them for a few years on their managed vessels owned by Jardines and Wheelock Marine. I hold a UK MCA Class 1 Steam and Motor Cert and have sailed Chief Eng .

After leaving Turnbulls I sailed with Safmarine on their Reefers and their Cruise ship Astor. From there It was Pearl Cruises , Princess Cruises, P&O Cruises and then on to an office job with Carnival in Miami. Yes I am Involved with the Deepwater Horizon accident as she was Classed with ABS and I attended her for Surveys over the last 10 years. When I first heard the news I could not believe It. That such a well built and maintained MODU could come to such a violent end Is very shocking.

Billieboy
25th May 2010, 19:25
Welcome back aboard GeeM, from the flat bit of Europe(Holland).

bert thompson
25th May 2010, 20:27
GeeM welcome to this great site
Best wishes
Bert.

Gulpers
25th May 2010, 20:51
GeeM,

A warm welcome back from the Isle of Anglesey!
I hope you thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
25th May 2010, 22:44
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
26th May 2010, 16:22
Greetings GeeM and and a warm welcome back to SN on your very interesting posting.
Bon voyage.