Hello from LYTTELTON NZ

Frank Holleran
11th November 2005, 09:54
Hello to all....Ex British Merchant Seaman..Downbelow, Fireman/Greaser
Been in New Zealand for the last 35 years, worked shore side most of the time here, except for time on trawlers (deck hand)...like these sort of sites, brings back memories.
Regards
Frank

tanker
11th November 2005, 09:56
Welcome from the opposite of the world Italy ,good navigation!!!!
Gp

Frank Holleran
11th November 2005, 09:59
Nice to be aboard Gp, and thanks
Frank

R58484956
11th November 2005, 12:40
Welcome Frank from the south of England, enjoy the site and all it has to offer.

cheddarnibbles
11th November 2005, 14:05
Hi Frank. I took this picture of your town 2 weeks ago. Hasn't changed much in the 42 years since my last visit as 3/0 on 'Hinakura'

ruud
11th November 2005, 15:40
Ahoy Frank,
Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself on this fine ship and her crew, as we do; looking forward to your postings.

Doug Rogers
11th November 2005, 20:11
Welcome aboard Frank, enjoy the site and what it has to offer.

thunderd
11th November 2005, 23:15
Plenty of good memories here Frank, you are most welcome and I hope you enjoy the site.

Frank Holleran
12th November 2005, 04:18
Thanks for the welcome guys....Cheddarnibbles, you say you took a pic of LYTTELTON? a few weeks ago...how do I see it, or did you forget to attach it?
Frank

Jan Hendrik
12th November 2005, 04:53
Hi Frank,
Welcome to the best maritime site on the net.
Lyttelton, what a nice place.
Several ship lovers incl. myself already posted several pictures about Lyttelton.
I 've been there a lot and you can "smell" the ships already before entering the tunnel.
Cheers
Jan

nzmatt
12th November 2005, 10:47
hello do i know you?????i moved from there in 2003 to live in sydney..pretty much been in lyttelton for 10 years. i worked in satchmos resturant go there ...i was in the volunteer fire i spend 18 months there i had to leave to come to aust,i miss the ships sounds noise and seeing them come in.i be back for 5 days in dec cant wait anyway take care.cheers p.s and i build models done some of pacifica and milburn cement..

matthew (Thumb)

nzmatt
12th November 2005, 11:00
i should have put this in the post..i made a model the tev rangitira 1933 ferry its in the lyttelton museum..please let me know how she is going..it took me 3 years just to finish it.i donated it before i came to sydney.anyway cheers again

matthew (*))

Kenneth Morley
14th November 2005, 03:33
Hi Frank, I live north canterbury, extrimmer/fireman out of Wellington on Poolta, SS&A Raranga,Port Line,Bank Line ,Thermi all as fireman did progress to motorman, greaser under Scandinavian Australian and Honduras flags. Did serve on Pamir under Captain Champion, have a great association with Lyttelton. Regards Kenneth M.[I]

cynter
14th November 2005, 12:17
Hello to all....Ex British Merchant Seaman..Downbelow, Fireman/Greaser
Been in New Zealand for the last 35 years, worked shore side most of the time here, except for time on trawlers (deck hand)...like these sort of sites, brings back memories.
Regards
Frank
I remember Lyttelton very well... I spent my 21st birthday there in 1959....
I was on a ship called mv "Saracen" and we had a fantastic time... we were regular callers to Lyttelton... carrying beef/mutton to USA/Japan and bringing white goods from USA/Japan in return. What part of the UK you from..?? I'm from Cheshire.... not far from where the Rolls Royce cars were made....
Hope you get this ok... have fun... Terry

cheddarnibbles
15th November 2005, 15:43
Thanks for the welcome guys....Cheddarnibbles, you say you took a pic of LYTTELTON? a few weeks ago...how do I see it, or did you forget to attach it?
Frank
Yeah...I just cannot get the hang of posting pictures.....something to do with them being too big for transmission.....but surely to downsize would be to lose all their quality.! ? Send me a private message and I'll e-mail some pics to you.