Doug
27th November 2005, 10:53
Hello everyone!

I'm Doug Brodie. Seagoing career lasted from Early 1953 to mid 1966. Cadet with BI, 4/O with P&O, 3/O and 2/O with Ellermans, short spell with Trinity House and then C/O on the Australian Coast (Wm. Hollyman & Sons of Launceston, Tas.). After swallowing the anchor drifted through several industries and worked for longish periods in South Africa, Holland, Belgium, Norway, Spain and the Czech Republic . Now well and truly retired and living in Devon. During the past couple of summers have had the priviledge of occasionally crewing aboard the steam tug "Challenge".

Look forward reading about ships of all kinds and to possibly contacting one or two former shipmates through this site.

Doug

R58484956
27th November 2005, 11:06
Welcome Doug to SN,A well travelled man already, enjoy the site and all it has to offer, most of us left the sea years ago, but our minds are still there, we still have seagoing folks on here as well.

ruud
27th November 2005, 11:12
Ahoy Doug,

Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself on this fine ship and her crew, as we do; looking forward to your postings.

non descript
27th November 2005, 17:16
Welcome Doug to the fine ship that is SN - you will find the crew a veritable mine of information and support. We will look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage. :)

tanker
27th November 2005, 18:03
Welcome from Italy and good voyage in this website.
Gp

Doug Rogers
27th November 2005, 21:26
Welcome Doug, enjoy the site and the membership of the sea...

thunderd
27th November 2005, 21:30
You are very welcome here Doug and I'm sure you have lots of memories to share with us.