Hello from new member

Andrews
28th November 2005, 08:04
Greetings from Brisbane, Australia. I recently discovered this site. I have an interest in ships which started with the Titanic when i was a kid, and then progressed to other ocean liners, passenger and container ships when I started working for what was then P&O Containers (landside, not on the ships, sadly).
Looking forward to exploring this site and posting more comments in the future.

non descript
28th November 2005, 08:32
Andrews, welcome to the good ship SN you will find a supportive and very worthwhile crew at your disposal and we look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

Jan Hendrik
28th November 2005, 08:53
Welcome Andrews. Enough about passenger ships and the like to go through.
Enjoy and also we look forward to your postings.
Jan

Doug Rogers
28th November 2005, 09:16
Welcome aboard Andrews, enjoy the site and what it has to offer you,

ruud
28th November 2005, 09:28
Ahoy Andrews,

Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself on this fine ship and her crew, as we do; looking forward to your postings.

cynter
28th November 2005, 12:21
G'Day Andrews....
Welcome aboard... I first hit Aussie shores in '56 (Melbourne Olympics)... was carrying phosphate from Nauru down to various Aussie ports on an old tub called "Tielbank".... I was only a young bloke then and had many a happy hour down here... despite being called a Pommy Bastard by many a wharfie... I now live in Perth... have done for over 20 years and loving it.
Tell me... what did you do for P & O... and when?
Cheers... cynter

gdynia
28th November 2005, 12:31
Welcome Onboard

R58484956
28th November 2005, 13:17
Welcokem Andrews to SN enjoy the site and all it has to offer

steve Coombs
28th November 2005, 20:54
Welcome aboard

Andrews
3rd December 2005, 01:12
Hi Cynter..
I started with P&O in Auckland in 1990 in the office, doing export documentation..then in 96 I moved to Wellington, stayed with them after the merger with Nedlloyd and in 2001 they trahnsferred me to the Brisbane office, where I've been ever since. Bit of a climate change from Wellington! Now of course P&O Nedlloyd has been bought by Maersk so we'll see what happens....
cheers Andrews

G'Day Andrews....
Welcome aboard... I first hit Aussie shores in '56 (Melbourne Olympics)... was carrying phosphate from Nauru down to various Aussie ports on an old tub called "Tielbank".... I was only a young bloke then and had many a happy hour down here... despite being called a Pommy Bastard by many a wharfie... I now live in Perth... have done for over 20 years and loving it.
Tell me... what did you do for P & O... and when?
Cheers... cynter

Jan Hendrik
3rd December 2005, 02:33
Hi Andrews,
Did you get to work with Dick Mogridge, he came from Tasman Express Line to P and O Nedlloyd, first Auckland, but I think they wanted him in Wellington.
Jan

Piero43
3rd December 2005, 17:58
Hi Andrew, and welcome on board!
Piero

Andrews
4th December 2005, 01:32
Hi Andrews,
Did you get to work with Dick Mogridge, he came from Tasman Express Line to P and O Nedlloyd, first Auckland, but I think they wanted him in Wellington.
Jan

Hi Jan,

I didn't work with him but his name is familiar.

thanks to everyone else for the welcome also.
Andrews.

neilbee2
4th December 2005, 14:01
hi (*))