John Kerbyson

kerbyson1
30th November 2005, 10:05
Hello to all
Although i have never been to sea ( I am in the RAF ) my Father John Kerbyson was a Captain and then went on to be a marine surveyor in Newcastle and Great Yarmouth. I really enjoyed going round the ships during my school holidays. We also stayed in Fiji where i got the chance to see ships like Arcadia and QE2. Would like to hear from anyone who might have worked or studied with him and if possible the names of the ships.

see you around
John

thunderd
30th November 2005, 10:10
John a warm welcome to the site, I hope you can find some of your father's colleagues. In the meantime enjoy all the site has to offer.

R58484956
30th November 2005, 10:39
Welcome John to SN enjoy the site and all it has to offer.

non descript
30th November 2005, 11:22
John, welcome aboard, SN is a fine ship with an excellent, knowledgeable and friendly crew. Bon Voyage

tanker
30th November 2005, 11:39
Welcome aboard from Italy and good navigation in this website!!!
Gp

ruud
1st December 2005, 12:42
Ahoy John,

Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself on this fine ship and her crew, as we do; looking forward to your postings.

Piero43
1st December 2005, 15:57
Welcome aboard, we look forward for your posts!
Piero

tercar
17th January 2006, 20:42
Hi. John
Did your Dad come from Bridlington, and went to Hull Trinity House as cadet in1946.If so I was in the same class as him for 3 years.
Last time I saw him was about 1970 at The Boulevard College studying Extra Masters I think.

benjidog
17th January 2006, 20:52
Hi John,

Another welcome to the site. Lots to see, interesting chat and helpful people.

A little warning - I think you have embedded your email address in your profile - suggest you change that as you might find yourself inundated with spam mail. There are facilities on the site to send private messages to other members without revealing your address to spammers.

Regards,

Doug Rogers
17th January 2006, 21:42
Welcome aboard John, enjoy the site and I would advise you to take to heart Brian's warning about email addresses and delete it. The internal system works very well in practice and is a lot safer.