Ships Nostalgia banner

Uiterwyk Corporation

4K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  CaptRobert 
#1 ·
Hello all just found SN site.

My final trip to sea as C/E ended in Malmo signing off Polar Colombia in 1984. These fine vessels bring back fond memories of hard work and challenges. I am still searching for photos of these Polars -Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Equador, Paraguay and Uruguay.
Any info appreciated.

Les Bauchop

#10 ·
Tony Cook

Les,

I left the Colombia in December 1983 in Europe after serving on all the other Polar ships from 1977.
I have a photo of the Polar Paraguay.

Regards

Tony Cook
Hi Tony sailed on Polar Paraguay with you around 1980 as Chief Officer. Robert Smitton and my wife MarySmitton
Mary got off in keil Canal pregnant with our 1st son Paul. Left sea then and became ships agent. Did various jobs lecturing at university building work, Marine warranty surveyor retired at 65 now 70 still fit and well . Have 3 kids and 2 grandchildren. Went back to sea became Captain with Gardline forma while.

#8 ·
polar colombia

I sailed on polar columbia, have full size pic and many pics of parties, these ships were had no equal for the 'craic' cabin luxury etc etc, my wife was also on vessel with 2nd mate (then)Steve H Aviary and wife annaruth from nova scotia, lost contact with them but saw steve's pic on linkedin website now offcourse barge captain, i sent letters to various address but prob appartments, what a great pity. i will upload snaps on my site or if I had ur address I could send copies

joe

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.