hello

brambleleaf
25th February 2011, 22:56
Hello,i would like to say hi to everyone.This is all new to me,i have been trying to research my grandads service records.All i know is he was a merchant seaman and that he served onboard the Brambleleaf.
While i was looking at this site i noticed soneone had posted that they had a picture of the crew from the Brambleleaf(yes)so i just have to find that post now! cheers brambleleaf.

billyboy
25th February 2011, 23:18
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

linerrich
26th February 2011, 13:59
Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

Rich

Mick Spear
26th February 2011, 14:40
Hello,i would like to say hi to everyone.This is all new to me,i have been trying to research my grandads service records.All i know is he was a merchant seaman and that he served onboard the Brambleleaf.
While i was looking at this site i noticed soneone had posted that they had a picture of the crew from the Brambleleaf(yes)so i just have to find that post now! cheers brambleleaf.
Do have any idea what year he was on the Brambleleaf. Welcome to the site by the way.
Mick S

R58484956
26th February 2011, 15:09
Greetings BL and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

brambleleaf
9th March 2011, 21:30
Hi Mick,concerning my grandad on board The Brambleleaf.According to my dads birth cert it was 1918.I found the picture of the Brambleleafs crew but i never saw my grandad he died in 1943.His name was Frank Leetch,and i would love to find out if he is on the photo.I found a page detailing the crew but a line has been put through his name?? I am trying to upload it.
regards brambleleaf.

gdynia
12th March 2011, 04:20
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

brambleleaf
14th March 2011, 22:22
Do have any idea what year he was on the Brambleleaf. Welcome to the site by the way.
Mick S

Hello Mick,I have replied once but not sure if it was seen???
My grandad was Frank Leetch,he was onboard Brambleleaf in 1918 when my dad was born.The details on the cert are:able seaman RN H.M.S.Brambleleaf(engineers crane driver).I did find a crew list for the brambleleaf from 1918,tried to upload it!! Just could not do it.I did find the crew pic on this site,they look a fearsome bunch!Apart from your dad Binnacle!.It would be really nice to find out more about my grandad and his life onboard. regards. brambleleaf

Binnacle
10th April 2011, 11:02
Hello Brambleleaf,
This site will give you some info about the ship, she was referred to by the crew a as a fleet oiler.
http://www.historicalrfa.org/rfa-brambleleaf.
I don't subscribe to US immigration records, but the Ellis Island Datebase records list a Jame Leitch as being aboard the ship in 1918, nothing about Frank Leetch.

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/ship_list.asp?

However a SN member with expertise around US records may be able to give you more info regarding his recorded visits to the US. I know that at least one time the ship loaded in Philadelphia.
Discharge was normally at RN bases Scapa or Rosyth.
Tks for your PM.

brambleleaf
11th April 2011, 14:01
Hello Brambleleaf,
This site will give you some info about the ship, she was referred to by the crew a as a fleet oiler.
http://www.historicalrfa.org/rfa-brambleleaf.
I don't subscribe to US immigration records, but the Ellis Island Datebase records list a Jame Leitch as being aboard the ship in 1918, nothing about Frank Leetch.

http://www.ellisisland.org/search/ship_list.asp?

However a SN member with expertise around US records may be able to give you more info regarding his recorded visits to the US. I know that at least one time the ship loaded in Philadelphia.
Discharge was normally at RN bases Scapa or Rosyth.
Tks for your PM.

Thank you Binnacle,really informative.I went on the site historicalrfa.what a great site,thanks.Will keep digging,just thought on i think i might have some sort of number for him jotted down on a bit of paper.Will search for that later,and hope someone will be able to explain it to me.regards brambleleaf.