Hi to all!

John Bruce Ismay
4th March 2011, 12:31
Hello to everyone there, I'm a Frenchman living in Spain (Mallorca).

I'm a maritime enthusiast, fond of ocean liners, cruise ships, battleships etc. I also make ships modelkits. (mostly plastic) from the 1/600 scale up to 1/200... I am fond too of the Virtual Sailor software.

Chris Isaac
4th March 2011, 12:36
Didn't you used to own White Star Line?

John Bruce Ismay
4th March 2011, 12:43
Lol! Yes, in the past, I was Chairman of the White Star Line... (uhhh perhaps in one of my past lives!) More seriously , as a Titanic enthusiast since 1977 I've first hated the man, but with more studies, helped by the THS (Titanic Historical Society) I have reconsidered my opinion and I think now he has been unfairly demonized. Cheers!

hawkey01
4th March 2011, 12:47
John,

on behalf of the Moderating team welcome to SN. Enjoy all we have to offer.

Hawkey01

John Bruce Ismay
4th March 2011, 15:49
Thank's a lot for your welcome! I've already begun to enyoying the offer!

JBISMAY

R58484956
4th March 2011, 16:18
Greetings JBI and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

John Bruce Ismay
4th March 2011, 16:21
Greetings JBI and a warm welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Thank you so much for that warm welcome, I'm touched... It's very comforting to see that we are many to love the ship's world.

Cheers!

John Bruce Ismay

Chris Isaac
4th March 2011, 17:08
Lol! Yes, in the past, I was Chairman of the White Star Line... (uhhh perhaps in one of my past lives!) More seriously , as a Titanic enthusiast since 1977 I've first hated the man, but with more studies, helped by the THS (Titanic Historical Society) I have reconsidered my opinion and I think now he has been unfairly demonized. Cheers!

John

A friendly word of warning. There are some people here who will have you keel hauled if you use any of the following lol, rofl, lmao, wtf, cba etc etc.
Kind regards and welcome
Chris

billyboy
4th March 2011, 22:02
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Paul_Lee
13th March 2011, 14:15
You might find Frances Wilson's impending biography of Ismay interesting then!