Hello there

highland hun
9th December 2005, 05:30
Hi new to the site 22 years in the merch in one way or another,Denholms loch offshore farstad and now on the FPSO Foinavon site looks good and hope to spend many a spare hour on it

Doug Rogers
9th December 2005, 06:11
Welcome aboard highland hun, enjoy the site and what it has to offer.

ruud
9th December 2005, 07:29
Ahoy Highland Hun,

Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself on this fine ship and her crew, as we do; looking forward to your postings.

thunderd
9th December 2005, 08:44
Welcome to SN I hope you enjoy the site.

tanker
9th December 2005, 10:13
Welcome aboard from Italy.
Gp

R58484956
9th December 2005, 11:46
Welcome highland hun to the sea faring site enjoy it and all it has to offer.

non descript
9th December 2005, 12:53
A warm welcome to you Highland, enjoy the site and the good ship SN. Bon Voyage

gdynia
9th December 2005, 13:03
Happy Hunting from an ex Farstad man(Lochnagar)

highland hun
10th December 2005, 12:26
Hi there Gydnia I sure am integued now as on loch carron for 2 year ,then loch rannoch and a fill inm trip on the lochnagar before take over by farstad,take it you know Donald ross Mike Maclean and them

gdynia
10th December 2005, 12:51
Mike was Bosun on Lochnagar when I was there. Joined her again in Brasil when she was converted into a Cable Layer.Great vessel

Razor
10th December 2005, 14:27
Small world, Hun & gdynia, was on the Lochnagar with Mike and Co from Feb 92 until Sept 94, think that was when they took her away for conversion.

gdynia
10th December 2005, 15:00
Small world, Hun & gdynia, was on the Lochnagar with Mike and Co from Feb 92 until Sept 94, think that was when they took her away for conversion.
Left her a couple of months before she went for conversion work. Derek Penny was Skipper

Chief Engineer's Daughter
10th December 2005, 15:34
Welcome aboard, Highland Hun. How are things to the West of Shetland?

CED

Derek Roger
10th December 2005, 15:37
Welcome HH from Canada ( Ex Inversnecky ) Derek

Razor
10th December 2005, 16:27
Must have left around the same time then, sent me to the Grimshader! Can you remember the big 2nd Mate, Keith Archer? Hear from him now and then. But never ran across anyone else since then.

gdynia
10th December 2005, 17:27
Must have left around the same time then, sent me to the Grimshader! Can you remember the big 2nd Mate, Keith Archer? Hear from him now and then. But never ran across anyone else since then.
Razor

Keep in touch with Big Keith he got home last week from Peterhead. I bumped into him in Baku last year. Was with him in 70,s on Baltic Venture. I saw Ivan A.B. last time home in Aberdeen and keep in touch with Bob Stephenson ex Geordie Bosun as well.

Razor
10th December 2005, 17:45
Ivan still got the long hair? Big Pat was with Havila a while ago but his wife passed away and he dropped out of sight. Remember Bob Stephenson, give him my best next time you see him.

gdynia
10th December 2005, 17:58
Bald on top with pony tail will be speaking to Bob next week when I get home

Razor
10th December 2005, 18:23
Great boat and two good crews! She did cost me my "Macho Man" image with the "Good Lady" though. Been telling her for years what a hard life we had in the North Sea, then when we had that little bump with the platform and had a few days in for repairs she came to visit. Not the rowing boat she had been expecting!!! And she hasn't believed all the fibs I have told since!!!!!

gdynia
10th December 2005, 18:28
Was that when they dropped the half height onto the maindeck over the thruster plate.Great boat and real seaman. The 3 Cooks onboard were Sandy, John and Phil

Coastie
10th December 2005, 18:39
Good to have you aboard Highland hun, I think you and Gulpers may find many things to talk about, he's an ex "D" man too.

Enjoy the Foinaven.

Best wishes.
Coastie (Thumb)

Razor
10th December 2005, 18:46
[/U]gdynia.
Cant remember Phil, think John was the best cook I have ever sailed with, Sandy is with Havila, forgotten about him, sailed with him on the Star a couple of years ago

gdynia
10th December 2005, 18:50
John was a wasted talent he would put any Brocks,Cunard or the other companies Chefs to shame

gdynia
10th December 2005, 19:02
[/U]gdynia.
Cant remember Phil, think John was the best cook I have ever sailed with, Sandy is with Havila, forgotten about him, sailed with him on the Star a couple of years ago
Razor

For Memory

bobby388
15th December 2005, 01:12
hi highland hun welcome aboard youl be here another 22yrs i bet

Derek Roger
15th December 2005, 02:21
******** Gdynia !
We had Silver Service ! The best of feeding + ( Curry !!! O Yes ! )
Been offshore the " Scran " is good but the service is Sh-te !.
Imagine having to make your own bunk ?? Cleaning your own Shoes ??? Doing your own laundry .
No cup of tea and a toast delivered to your cabin when called in the morning ?? Washing your own boiler suits ?? Dishes ???
No Bar !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Etc Etc !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ill take what we had ! On behalf of all Brocks . "We had the Best of it All "
" And we still have a Wee bit left thanks to SN ."
Have a Good Leave Gdynia . We are jealous that you are still at sea . ( Mind you retired is not a bad option . )
Derek
PS Think Ill turn In ! No F--k it I shal lhave another Gin .

Cpicken
30th October 2016, 13:15
I know this is many years old now but I just came across this. My dad is derek penny who was skipper on the lochnagar.