Hello There

bossyboots1947
17th March 2011, 16:12
Hi all... my name is Kathleen , I live in the North of Scotland. My Dad was in the Royal Navy. I love ships and seafaring stories. Just joined to read a few stories. i was born and brought up in Liverpool.

I know this is an introduction thread, but i wonder do any of you remember "the Spanish Bar" in Liverpool in the early sixties, I used to have a drink in there with my dad, I cant remember where it was, neither can anyone else.... kathy

R58484956
17th March 2011, 17:38
Greetings kathy and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

billyboy
18th March 2011, 00:07
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Macphail
18th March 2011, 00:43
I was in my early twenty's during the early sixty's. Sailing with the Blue Funnel.
Watering holes, "Legs of Man", "The American Bar", "Yates Wine Lodge", "The Slaughter House", "The Carradock", "Kingston House", among many others...
Cannot place "The Spanish Bar".

John.

bossyboots1947
18th March 2011, 08:40
Hi John

Yes, I remember all of those places, it was just that I used to have a drink with my dad in the spanish pub, I found out yesterday it was called "The Spanish House" and it was in Victoria st, going towards the Tunnel, ...We have lived in North Scotland for 34 yrs, so the old memory isnt what it was!!! how kind of you to reply. I hope you and yours are well, I love reading all the posts here, If I had been a man I would have been a sailor. ......
best regards .
Kathy

bossyboots1947
18th March 2011, 08:42
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Thank you so much for the welcome.
regards
Kathy