a bit on the qe2

mark brown
29th March 2011, 14:41
hi all just got back from dubai and managed to get a visit on the poor old que2 im afraid she is in a sorry state inside leaks ,musty smells you name it ,the ship is rotting from the inside ,outside she is not too bad but she is going downhill fast on the inside they need 350million dollars to refurbish her i dont think its going to happen i do have inside pictures but i cannot put them on the internet by law but i might be able to e mail them to people ,its a shame because she is an icon of when we had a merchant navy,i myself am still at sea with the rfa and it just makes my blood boil with all these shipping companies who fly the red ensign and do not employ british seaman

hawkey01
29th March 2011, 15:56
Mark,

on behalf of the Moderating team welcome to SN. Very sad news about the QE2. A great pity you are unable to post the photos.

Hawkey01

mark brown
29th March 2011, 16:06
hi thanks for ur reply she is in a sorry state but im afraid we were asked not to post pics of her she broke adrift the day after we sailed (rfa bayleaf) there was no damage done ,its costing a lot of money just to keep her there 40,tons fuel a day and she is leaking when it rains which it does in dubai now and again she is getting tatty inside a big shame

R58484956
29th March 2011, 16:41
Greetings Mark and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

billyboy
29th March 2011, 23:19
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Boatman25
29th March 2011, 23:25
hi thanks for ur reply she is in a sorry state but im afraid we were asked not to post pics of her she broke adrift the day after we sailed (rfa bayleaf) there was no damage done ,its costing a lot of money just to keep her there 40,tons fuel a day and she is leaking when it rains which it does in dubai now and again she is getting tatty inside a big shame

Very much like here in the UK everything maritime is in the same state and everything connected with maritime history is lost forever

captain61
30th March 2011, 11:06
Welcome aboard this great site. Sorry to here the way QE2 has ended up

Stephen

Blue Bombay
30th March 2011, 14:25
What a sad ending to a Great Liner

Blue Bombay
30th March 2011, 14:33
Check out my selection of photos of the QE2 during her service years

http://www.flickr.com/photos/ex-crewmember/sets/72157625873111592/

James_C
2nd April 2011, 11:37
Mark,
A warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia where I hope you'll find much of interest.
Enjoy the voyage!

RobLightbody
1st May 2011, 12:18
Hello All,

I am pleased to be able to say that I recently became the first person in 2.5 years with full permission to go on board QE2 and take photos and videos to publish, to cancel out the rumours about her condition. I spent 2.5 days on board her exploring all areas.

Here is my video report so far - http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=A6A6B24FAA1DE8C7

Photos will follow as I get a chance to upload them.