Hello

Nevasa
7th April 2011, 08:18
Having waded through a lot of my own maritime photographs, both old and relatively new, I thought that it might be useful to share them with a wider audience, and this web site is perfect for the task.

I am not a professional seafarer myself, although I worked in shipping for a number of years (cargo agent and chartering), e.g. second-hand tractors to Limassol (deck cargo) and barge towing in the North Sea.

I did, however, have the wonderful opportunity as a child to travel on troopships to the Far East, namely the Empire Fowey (image appears in the picture gallery), Empire Orwell (voyage itinerary appears in the picture gallery), Oxfordshire and Nevasa (hence the moniker). With latter two, I think that the voyage was outbound on the Oxfordshire (Southampton-Gibraltar-Malta-Port Said-Aden-Colombo-Singapore-Hong Kong), reverse course 3 years later on the Nevasa.

As I spent part of my childhood in the vicinity of Victoria Harbour, HK, staring at the likes of Alfred Holt ships from the Star Ferry, whenever I am in the vicinity of a harbour, I tend to have my camera with me.

Finally, my apologies if my memory occasionally lets me down and I confuse the likes of Dunkirk with Calais!

Billieboy
7th April 2011, 11:23
Welcome aboard Nevasa, from the flat bit of Europe. Don't worry about the occasional senior moment, we all have them here! Enjoy the trip and put as many photos as you can in the Gallery, there will always be someone to look at them.

fred henderson
7th April 2011, 12:36
A warm welcome to SN. I hope that you will fully enjoy the benefits of your membership by joining in the discussions on any topic that you find to be of interest to you.

billyboy
7th April 2011, 13:31
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

hawkey01
7th April 2011, 16:06
Nevasa,

welcome to SN. We look forward to your input.

Hawkey01

gdynia
8th April 2011, 05:26
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

James_C
8th April 2011, 12:00
Nevasa,
A warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia where I hope you'll find much of interest!
Enjoy the voyage!

R58484956
8th April 2011, 17:29
Greetings Nevasa and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Glasisch
10th April 2011, 16:58
Hello,
it is my first post here and I will say all of You hello and I hope sped here much time and enjoy.
Regards
Mischa