Hello, presentation and question

tigrita
14th April 2011, 16:50
Hello
The first thing to greet everyone.
The second thing to ask forgiveness for my limited English.
I'm fond of model ships and airplanes rc and I live in Madrid.
I have extensive experience in building scale models of aircraft and some ships.
Some years ago he bought his planes of very good quality on a tugboat, which in turn did not pay much attention.
But it took some time wanting to build and started looking for documentation, photos, data to build the most faithful as possible to real as I want to be a perfect scale model.
The problem is that many data encuenta this boat, Algona particular photo but I have found are all from a distance or a few of some part of the bow.
At first I knew not whence the towed but a few days ago I found some information of interest and allowed me to find this web.
This is the Tug Elkhound, corresponding to the class Dog. and as I think they are sister ships Collie T and the Deerhound.
I think the Elkhound was built in 1966.
Seeking if Algueña can provide further data and especially and most importantly, need to find pictures of its structure and details of coverage, so that they can do more faithful to reality.
A greeting to all

trotterdotpom
14th April 2011, 17:06
Tigrita, there are photos of all three tugs in the Ship's Nostalgia Gallery but the ones of Elkhound and Deerhound are not very clear. You can see them by clicking on "Gallery" and putting the names in the search engine.

However, there is a quite good photo of Collie T in the gallery and you can see it by clicking on:
https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/192403/title/collie-t/cat/516

Welcome to Ship's Nostalgia.

John T.

billyboy
15th April 2011, 00:38
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
15th April 2011, 09:17
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

linerrich
15th April 2011, 13:05
Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

Rich

R58484956
16th April 2011, 10:24
Greetings Tigrita and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

James_C
16th April 2011, 16:33
Tigrita,
A warm welcome to Ships Nostalgia where I hope you'll find much of interest.
Enjoy the voyage!

tigrita
18th April 2011, 11:47
thank you very much for the link trotterdotpom.
It has helped me find a picture more.
With this I have to get an idea of some details that are not reflected in the plane, but I need to find more pictures to see details of the aft deck and bow, but little by little they are clearing some doubts.