The Price of Fame...............(Amy Winehouse)

sparkie2182
23rd July 2011, 17:47
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14262237

John Dryden
23rd July 2011, 18:18
Very sad but inevitable I suppose.She was a fine singer.Last night on the radio Tony Bennet(a man who knows)said what a fine jazz singer she was.

hughesy
23rd July 2011, 20:45
So sad a young lass like that

Hughesy

Cutsplice
23rd July 2011, 22:03
I suggest its not The Price of Fame, more like the price some pay by playing Russian roulette with dope. I have little sympathy for her, however I have sympathy for her parents and other relatives.

Don Matheson
23rd July 2011, 23:23
She was a wonderful jazz singer, one of the best there has been. Sadly she has gone but I dont blame her one bit, I do blame the people that got her the stuff to stick in her arm or up her nose. The music industry know who they were why dont the police get after them.
Sympathy, no not really. I never asked her to take the stuff.

Don

Donald McGhee
24th July 2011, 02:32
I heard from my wife that this is a 'popular' age to die amongst some of our more famed rock stars etc. Such as Joplin, Cobain and Hendrix to name but a few!

She was a good singer and again, the fame appears to have been too much, what with the outrageous tatts and the booze and rugs she was starting to shed her femininity and become a bit of a pathetic soul. We will never know what she was thinking or what her real life was like, I guess Womans Weekly or the tabloids (what's left of them) will do this.

What could she have been, we'll never know, how sad.

stein
24th July 2011, 08:08
Why is the music business plagued above all other arts with dope? Is there something about music that shields you from considering the time to come? Everybody knows what addiction does to you, and nobody wants that, but still they go for it, as if tomorrow never comes.

Satanic Mechanic
24th July 2011, 08:37
Very very sad, but it has been in the post for a while.
She was so obviously incapable of coping with the fame thrust upon her, but what makes me seethe is the way we watched her slowly kill herself in the media. Its not news, they held her up as a sort of freak show for us to gawp at, what they should have done is let her be and let her family and real friends try and help her.

Take a moment and look at her at the start of her carreer and the recent photos and you see the terrible toll drugs have on a person. Her downward spiral was in the public eye but there are thousands out there whose family have to try and cope with that in private. All of them deserve our pity.

Satanic Mechanic
24th July 2011, 08:52
I see the usual 'no sympathy' posts appearing well here is a personal take on it.

Having been to a fair few heroin related funerals over the years of lads I went to school with there are a few things that to me never change:

1. No one likes junkies, even junkies don't like junkies, this is because they are fueled by heroin not normal human emotions, heroin destroys the person and turns the body into nothing more than a machine for finding heroin.

2. The person that used to inhabit that body was invariably not a bad person, usually easily led, insecure and more often than not loved by their family. Heroin preys on a certain type of person - why musicians in particular. Well they tend to be on the outskirts, on the edges, the artistic and the sensitve are the easiest targets. That is a pretty good start on the road to addiction. Does not apply to all musicians of course but they are more prone than most. Throw in the music industry and you have a near perfect combination

3. Sympathy - I feel it, really feel it, I have known them and still know them and I really feel sympathy for the real person hidden away curled up in the corner of a mind no longer able to control itself. Seriously - the stories I could tell - I DETEST HEROIN

stein
24th July 2011, 09:45
Poets are sensitive people, they quite often go hang themselves, novelists are sensitive people, they often drown themselves in liquor, painters are sensitive people, and they often get truly old and lascivious, actors are sensitive people, and they can keep lying in glorious self praise half inside their caskets. The musicians, particularly the really talented ones playing syncopated music, get to be junkies.

I can’t avoid the observance that you hear music only in remembrance of the music that has already been played. One plunk on the guitar string is music only in remembrance of plunks past – music alone among the arts is totally backwards looking: all its relevance is retroactive. Except for a bit here and there in song texts (what can be read in print as well), nothing in it looks forward to the consequence of choices. The crude tattoos of Amy Winehouse demonstrate disentanglement from long term considerations as good as anything.

But rest in peace Amy, sad to see you go.

nick olass
24th July 2011, 09:59
The sad thing about addicts like this young girl, is that once on the stuff they can't get off it, and can't or won't accept help however well meant.
The family and friends of Amy probably realized the inevitability of her fate, to them I offer my sympathies.

trotterdotpom
24th July 2011, 10:22
She made her choices. Let's hope her fans don't make the same ones.

John T

sparkie2182
24th July 2011, 10:50
Hard to argue Trotterdot.

Don Matheson
24th July 2011, 13:56
I said earlier that I didnt have much sympathy and to be honest I dont. She had enough money to get into drugs but certainly had enough money to get out of it.
Like SM I have met a few junkies and these people I feel sympathy for as they got into it without money, and certainly dont have enough money or indeed enough help to get out of it. What gets to me is the number of people saying its awful what has happened to Amy but dont give a toss for some junkie found dead in an alleyway with the needle still in their arm.
Sympathy for those who deserve it, not for some singer who blows her or his life away.

Don

gdynia
24th July 2011, 14:35
the lady had the world at her feet alot of money she didnt have the pressures on her normal Joe Public has she could of always said no to the drugs my sympathy with her family only

Pat Kennedy
24th July 2011, 15:07
Aren't we making an awful lot of assumptions here?
No post mortem findings have been published yet, for all we know the cause of death may be completely unrelated to drugs or alcohol.

PatriciaAnnT
24th July 2011, 15:36
Drugs are a means of coping for many people. My heart goes out to them. Lots of baggage.

mikeg
24th July 2011, 17:09
Apart from pop Amy was a very good jazz singer http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-14264955

Sabastapol
24th July 2011, 17:27
She was a wonderful jazz singer, one of the best there has been. Sadly she has gone but I dont blame her one bit, I do blame the people that got her the stuff to stick in her arm or up her nose. The music industry know who they were why dont the police get after them.
Sympathy, no not really. I never asked her to take the stuff.

Don

Agreed Don. But I believe that Juvenile delinqency is the parents fault and that if you are responsible for bringing children into the world you should at least give them some guidance. I seems that there are alot of parents who are too ready to even consider this. Young children need love and afffection, a good starter, and substitute learning to say 'mummy and daddy' first with saying please and thank you. It is all a very complex business.

Basil
24th July 2011, 17:59
First time I heard her sing I was astonished by her voice - and I guess she didn't have to try too hard - a natural now lost to us, well, lost some time ago.
Anyway, enough of the fluff; I wish I'd taken out a whole life policy on her although I guess that the premiums may have been a little excessive.

China hand
24th July 2011, 18:13
A screwed up lady, perhaps; but that lady could sing.

GEORDIE LAD
24th July 2011, 18:33
It is a very sad phenomemon that has pervaded music for many years.The tragic losses of the 50's like Billie Holiday and Charlie Parker are but two of many whose lives and artistry were cut short by addictions.There is much to mourn.....Doug

terence
24th July 2011, 22:31
hey she did make her choice to do drugs or what ever
but dont put her down awesome very very talented singer
witch dont come around to often
r i p
amy
terry music man

Sister Eleff
24th July 2011, 22:34
Agreed Don. But I believe that Juvenile delinqency is the parents fault and that if you are responsible for bringing children into the world you should at least give them some guidance. I seems that there are alot of parents who are too ready to even consider this. Young children need love and afffection, a good starter, and substitute learning to say 'mummy and daddy' first with saying please and thank you. It is all a very complex business.

I understand what you are saying here Sebastapol, however I don't agree that Juvenile deliquency is always the parents fault - often, yes. What of the family of 2 or 4 and one goes bad, they have all had the same guidance - whatever, it is still a tragic situation.

Alex Salmond
25th July 2011, 01:07
Man we,re a holier than thou lot on SN at times whatever happened to, There but for the grace of God,and as for that load of old cobblers about it being the parents fault ,Please! a lot of kids that have died with a needle in their arm have come from good loving families and have still gone of the rails,why are we always so quick to judge others ,we dont know what this girls mental state was some people just cant cope with going from being a nobody one minute to being someone that everyone wants a piece of and having scumbags like her ex husband around ready to tell her whatever she wants to hear ,and give her whatever she wants ,the saddest thing for me watching the news was the clips showing her as this fresh ,vibrant talent at 20 and the later clips of a stumbling wreck covered in weird tats,piercings freaky make up etc..getting booed off the stage in Belgrade if thats not a cry for help I dont know what is ,and if your unmoved by that your a hard hearted lot indeed

the xeal
25th July 2011, 01:34
She joins a long list of rock stars who passed at the age of 27years?

Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janice Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, They were the famous known by us all. I could name another 40. Regards xeal.(Hippy)

barrinoz
25th July 2011, 03:02
Never really listened to her so I have no opinion on her talent. It is a fact, though, that the movers and shakers in the industry push their moolah-making machines to the limit in their endless quest for more loot. Punishing tours which require amphetamines to keep them awake and alert followed by knock out pills to give them a couple of hours kip. Add to that the constant availability of other drugs and booze, the entertainer's own desire to be famous, the fawning and demanding hangers-on, the insatiable appetite of the fans and the press and some of them just haven't got the strength to cope, sadly. It should be noted a lot more live long than die young. Anyway, RIP, Amy.
barrinoz.

reefrat
25th July 2011, 05:28
I see the usual 'no sympathy' posts appearing well here is a personal take on it.

Having been to a fair few heroin related funerals over the years of lads I went to school with there are a few things that to me never change:

1. No one likes junkies, even junkies don't like junkies, this is because they are fueled by heroin not normal human emotions, heroin destroys the person and turns the body into nothing more than a machine for finding heroin.

2. The person that used to inhabit that body was invariably not a bad person, usually easily led, insecure and more often than not loved by their family. Heroin preys on a certain type of person - why musicians in particular. Well they tend to be on the outskirts, on the edges, the artistic and the sensitve are the easiest targets. That is a pretty good start on the road to addiction. Does not apply to all musicians of course but they are more prone than most. Throw in the music industry and you have a near perfect combination

3. Sympathy - I feel it, really feel it, I have known them and still know them and I really feel sympathy for the real person hidden away curled up in the corner of a mind no longer able to control itself. Seriously - the stories I could tell - I DETEST HEROIN

Admirably put. Sensible, sensitive and spot on. Compliments

Pat Kennedy
25th July 2011, 09:41
I heard a friend of Amy Winehouse being interviewed on the radio this morning.
She said that Amy had been literally hounded by the tabloid press for several years and it had intensified over the last few months. It appears that the hacks followed her everywhere, camped outside her house, watched her every move. It seems there is a voracious appetite for watching someone self destruct.
Could any of us cope with this sort of pressure.
I would not be in the least surprised if it transpired that they have been hacking into her phone messages as well.
Something has to be done about these vultures.

Sabastapol
25th July 2011, 14:38
I understand what you are saying here Sebastapol, however I don't agree that Juvenile deliquency is always the parents fault - often, yes. What of the family of 2 or 4 and one goes bad, they have all had the same guidance - whatever, it is still a tragic situation.

As I said it is a very complex business, just like the human animal. I do not really think it is solveable. Certainly not in a democratic society....... I am bailing out. Otherwise Ill get political. Something the thread does not need!! (Fly)

OLD STRAWBERRY
25th July 2011, 17:27
I suppose the music business will cash in on her demise.

Dickyboy
25th July 2011, 19:35
Today eight more people will die in similar circumstances to Amy Winehouse. They will mostly go un reported in anything more than a couple of lines in the local rag.
No one chooses to become an addict. They don't say "Lets take a fix of some sort today and get addicted"
Addiction doesn't just afflict the Arty, musical, sensitive, or talented types. It can affict anybody. About 10% of people will have some sort of abuse problem during their lives, and about 1% of them will will become full blown Alcoholics/Addicts.
If addicts could stop through willpower alone and lead useful happy lives, they probably aren't addicts.
Almost everyone on this site will know an Alcoholic or Addict, they might not know it, but they will.

masonburt
25th July 2011, 19:46
I will second that alex masonburt

paj
25th July 2011, 19:51
i was sorry to hear of amy whitehouses death but get fed up with all the media cover. now have had three days of it. when one of our hero men or women get killed in afganistan or where ever they are fighting all the cover they get is a few lines on an inside page and quick mention on the news

Cutsplice
25th July 2011, 20:23
I am assuming she died from a drug overdose, if so it was her choice as I doubt anyone forced her to have a lethal dose. We all make choices throughout our lives almost on a daily basis, some choices establish how we willl live our lives, ie what we want to acheive in life and how we accomplish that.
Those that decide to be drug users/abusers generally its a personal decision, I do not subscribe to the theory that its because its pressure in ones life makes them drug users. In the situation of pop stars its too much money and a clouded vision that they are superhuman and marvelous celebrities. In these situations I have little sympathy if they pay the ultimate price, my sympathy lies with those who are suffering from poverty and hunger of which they have little or no control of.

terence
25th July 2011, 23:24
well put alex . they shoud not have let her go on in [belgrade]
and a few more think the backing group was to blame for that one
and i blame utube for a lot of it
i for one will miss her but i can always fall back on cds and dvds
got two of her live back to black and one more mrs jones
hey think what she would say to most of this lot is what[
fuckery is this]
cheers
terry music man

the xeal
26th July 2011, 00:19
We are all aware of the pop stars who have thrown there lives away with there addictions. But lets not forget some other people who had demons to fight and some very intelligent or genius in there field ?

Winston Churchill,
shakespeare,
Betty Ford,
Ann Richards, {Texan Politician}
Anthony Hopkins,
Paul Gascoigne,
George Best,
John Lucas,
Ernest Hemingway,
Jack London,
Alexandra The Great,
Tony Adams,
George W Bush,
Billy Connolly,
Charles Kennedy,
The list is endless you dont have to be a rock musician to become Alcohol or drug dependent. I Am a firm believer that you are born with a gene and that if you abuse a drug long enough you dont choose the drug the drug chooses you.

billyboy
26th July 2011, 00:20
Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Amy Winehouse - all made front page news when they died aged 27 from drug overdoses - PATHETIC rolemodels..........
Andrew Found, Martin Lamb, Daniel Prior, Steven Dunn, Graham Shaw - none made front page news when they died aged 27. All members of our Armed Forces killed in action in Afghanistan - PERFECT rolemodels.
Cant see what all the fuss is about a pop star dying when the deaths of all these servicemen die unnoticed. No front page news for them guys.

the xeal
26th July 2011, 00:32
Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Kurt Cobain, Jim Morrison, Amy Winehouse - all made front page news when they died aged 27 from drug overdoses - PATHETIC rolemodels..........
Andrew Found, Martin Lamb, Daniel Prior, Steven Dunn, Graham Shaw - none made front page news when they died aged 27. All members of our Armed Forces killed in action in Afghanistan - PERFECT rolemodels.
Cant see what all the fuss is about a pop star dying when the deaths of all these servicemen die unnoticed. No front page news for them guys.

They are the real heros of our time lets hope its not all in vain?????

Alex Salmond
26th July 2011, 02:22
Billyboy ,I think your missing the whole point of this thread which is titled the price of fame ,ive looked at all the posts and I cant see anyone holding this girl up as a role model or indeed any of the others you mention either and your analogy of comparing her to soldiers who died in action is baffling all your analogy does is prove the point that the vast majority of tabloid readers love to wallow in gossip and sleaze about dead celebrities ,look at all the fuss over Princess Dianas death which reached the point where you would have thought the only thing left for her was Sainthood,so whats new ?? the mere fact that you and probably plenty of others know the names of these brave guys killed in action scuppers your comment about them dying unnoticed ,but role models for being killedin action ?? im sure if you asked their familes they would say they would have preferred they remain unknown but alive and home safely..

billyboy
26th July 2011, 02:42
I am sure you are right Alex.
Its just that so many Pop stars seem to hog the news by dying one way or another whilst the servicemen killed in action dont even get a mention. seems a bit unfair to me that.
(By the way, Princess Diana. did you read that the french are angry that certain facts including a note handwritten by her was kept hidden. The note apparently contained facts that that accident was going to happen.The French are now complining that it should have been a murder inquiry)

PatriciaAnnT
26th July 2011, 04:21
I am sure you are right Alex.
Its just that so many Pop stars seem to hog the news by dying one way or another whilst the servicemen killed in action dont even get a mention. seems a bit unfair to me that.
(By the way, Princess Diana. did you read that the french are angry that certain facts including a note handwritten by her was kept hidden. The note apparently contained facts that that accident was going to happen.The French are now complining that it should have been a murder inquiry)

Hogging the news? Isn't that the work of the media?

Satanic Mechanic
26th July 2011, 06:42

Not really a fair comparrison is it.

Jimi Hendrix et al would indeed be dreadful role models - never seen them getting held up as role models thankfully. In fact they are usually held up as good examples of what not to do.
But our relationship with such 'stars' is an odd one, after all we make them by buying their art and as such we seem to feel we own part of them, certainly the papers do. The death of Amy Winehouse is not a shock - we have watched it happening ghoul like in the papers and on TV over a period of time, it was inevitable. So with someone with such a high media spot light on them they are going to get a reaction in their death.

Armed forces are different, they do a job they are liable to killed in, they accept it, we accept it and we do it with quiet dignity and to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way. I would argue very strongly though that holding up a dead soldier as a role model is a bit odd, as a subject of respect - of course.

Basil
26th July 2011, 10:59
billyboy,
By the way, Princess Diana. did you read that the french are angry that certain facts including a note handwritten by her was kept hidden. The note apparently contained facts that that accident was going to happen.
What? That she knew Fayed's driver had a few liveners before chauffeuring her?
(Not throwing stones - Mea culpa in the old days).
I'd have thought that, if there's anything in it, Fayed and Diana's brother would be using it to max effect.

billyboy
26th July 2011, 11:31
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/260383/How-Paul-Burrell-revealed-note-to-him

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/260394/Princess-Diana-police-face-arrest-

http://www.lbcexpress.com/contents/PH/trackandtrace.aspx?result=yes&trackingno=1002459117
Three interesting URL’s here look!

Basil
26th July 2011, 14:33
Hmm, another stir of the porridge to see if any black bits come up. More gossip for the newshounds.
My guess is that she was embarrassing but I can't believe they planned to top her.
IMHO she and Prince Charles were very foolish to discuss their problems with the press.

Satanic Mechanic
26th July 2011, 14:51
Ah the Express - one day they will finally believe she's actually deid.

The articles are like a game of Royal Cluedo - I say it was Charles by head injury using cut brake lines

She died in a car crash, same as plenty others do, I think that what 'upsets' a lot of people, the fact she died in such a mundane manner. Anyhoo she's deid and the sun still rises in the mornings time to move on.

paj
26th July 2011, 20:09

well said billyboy, you put it better than i did.

the xeal
27th July 2011, 01:44
Not really a fair comparrison is it.

Jimi Hendrix et al would indeed be dreadful role models - never seen them getting held up as role models thankfully. In fact they are usually held up as good examples of what not to do.
But our relationship with such 'stars' is an odd one, after all we make them by buying their art and as such we seem to feel we own part of them, certainly the papers do. The death of Amy Winehouse is not a shock - we have watched it happening ghoul like in the papers and on TV over a period of time, it was inevitable. So with someone with such a high media spot light on them they are going to get a reaction in their death.

Armed forces are different, they do a job they are liable to killed in, they accept it, we accept it and we do it with quiet dignity and to be honest I wouldn't have it any other way. I would argue very strongly though that holding up a dead soldier as a role model is a bit odd, as a subject of respect - of course.

I find your views on are armed forces joining up and liable to be killed astounding. That's not the reason any of our lads sign up for at all. Do you know one squaddie that walked into a recruitment office and said i want to die in Afghanistan or Iraq so i wish to sign up. What a load of rubbish. These young lads sign up for the same reason you and i signed up for the M.Navy to build a life support there familys have a career heaven knows there is little else a young man can do with his life these days .Of course there is always the chance they could be posted in a war zone and be killed but dont be so narrow minded that, that, is what they have in mind when they sign up. And to say to hold up a dead soldier who has gave the ultimate sacrifice and compare him as a roll model with some dead head rock star is an insult to our armed forces. When our dead hero's are repatriated with there loved ones it is done with the dignity they deserve. You here many mothers wives and fathers saying he died doing the job he loved. Not well it was only a matter of time before he was killed. Soldiers killed in action should in one way be betrayed as role models. To the politicians who have are overstretched and under funded armed forces fighting on three fronts which they also never signed up for. {LAMBS TO THE SLAUGHTER} R.I.P.Them all xeal.

stein
27th July 2011, 11:16
So in your view they sign up for the money, is that something good for a role model?

As I read Satanic, he is not saying anything derogatory of your soldiers, he is just saying that a dead soldier is a bit strange to present as a role model. A propos of which I read this story by J. L. Borges of this missionary who went into the jungle and preached the glory of Jesus. So the tribe crucified him, to give him the same glory as his hero.

the xeal
28th July 2011, 00:55
So in your view they sign up for the money, is that something good for a role model?

As I read Satanic, he is not saying anything derogatory of your soldiers, he is just saying that a dead soldier is a bit strange to present as a role model. A propos of which I read this story by J. L. Borges of this missionary who went into the jungle and preached the glory of Jesus. So the tribe crucified him, to give him the same glory as his hero.

I never mentioned money you did what i am saying is that they sign up for something they believe in. Defending the realm when they take the queens shilling. And building a career, supporting, there familys, and laying there lives on the line for there country. But personally knowing a lot of our service personnel in our armed forces . They never signed up for politicians who set up war cabinets to set out there agenda in there quest for oil rich country's as in Iraq. Under the false pretence of weapons of mass destruction.{NEVER PROVEN} They dont sign up to fight Islamic fundamentalist's in there own back yard. Which our Gun Ho!!!!!! politicians mask as a fight against terrorism, A fight they were to ill equipped to deal with{ PROVEN}As you are aware London hosts the Olympic games in the U.K. in one years time. By which time the country's politician's will have axed 60 percent of our armed forces and a very large percent of our police force including special terrorist squads in the metropolitan police which at one time was a natural progression from army career to police career{FACT}. Oh and lets not forget one MR Gaddafi who we are trying to remove from power he is going know where and we all know it. The last thing on my shopping list right now is a ticket to enter the London Olympic stadium. Boris Johnson the clown of London announced today {THE STADIUM IS READY!!} {THE ATHLETES ARE READY} {LONDON IS READY} {THE BYCICALS ARE READY} Lets hope AL QUADA aren't ready and Mr Gaddafi isn't ready to repeat another Lockerbie. Because no army or depleted police force will be ready. Because the last thing we need is another hero on our hands like Abdel Basset al-Megrahi. Because unlike your missionary he has managed to live a lot longer than most expected.{FACT} xeal.

Thats another Story
28th July 2011, 08:30
the post mortem results are not made public yet{it will most probably be heart failure} or natural causes i doubt if they can say due to this or that so lets debate this when the results are in? there are super fit young sportsmen dropping dead every week from hidden heart problems.john

the xeal
29th July 2011, 02:01
the post mortem results are not made public yet{it will most probably be heart failure} or natural causes i doubt if they can say due to this or that so lets debate this when the results are in? there are super fit young sportsmen dropping dead every week from hidden heart problems.john
It appears from today's reports that Amy Winehouse decided to go cold turkey/ Not recommended she should have been under a controlled downer from her doctor of some of the many sedatives out there to bring her down slowly. I heard on the BBC news report this evening that to go cold turkey was her decision. Bad move, As an ex substance abuser believe me you cant go it alone John. I am living proof that you can come out the other side a better person, But you need professional help in your quest to become clean. Sadly it is to late for the Young girl. People tend to loose themselves in all walks of life whether rich or poor. Some make it some dont that's life Regards John xeal

billyboy
29th July 2011, 02:58
Not for me to say but.I have had to nurse alcoholic long term orthopedic patients in the past. we used to put them on a sliding scale of Hemaneverin (spelling) this brought them down slowly. By the time they were discharged they were dry and pleasant people. However I have no idea if they stayed on the wagon or fell off after they left Hospital.

Cutsplice
29th July 2011, 21:51

You may be correct John. Bearing in mind if it was a heart attack it would have been established immediately at the post mortem. But it could well be organ failure caused by toxic substances, which the toxicology report will establish in due course if it had a role to play in her death. As you say we will know when the results are at hand.

Thats another Story
29th July 2011, 22:24
pompey fan{David will most probably tell you} like most cancer victims will cecum to pneumonia same as aids victims its pneumonia with Finnish you off its a shame about this talented young girl she needed more help than maybe people thought? she is a great loss to music a great talent lost forever.john

John Dryden
29th July 2011, 22:26
Ah well,love her or hate her she is brown bread.Just a singer who did her best to bring us her interpretation of a tune.As for the price of fame:who knows until you are famous?
Link here to please both sides of the camp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSUC_rUN398&feature=fvsr

the xeal
31st July 2011, 01:26
Not for me to say but.I have had to nurse alcoholic long term orthopedic patients in the past. we used to put them on a sliding scale of Hemaneverin (spelling) this brought them down slowly. By the time they were discharged they were dry and pleasant people. However I have no idea if they stayed on the wagon or fell off after they left Hospital.

You are quite correct in the use of hemaneverin in alcohol abuse. It is stronger than alcohol and makes you sleep through your detox. You cant buy it over the counter at any chemist it has to be administered in a controled environment. As in a hospital ward that specialises in alcohol and drug abuse. Amy Winehouse would have been made aware of this as she had done rehab before going cold turkey is a very dangerous quest which can result in a brain seizure. Which sadly appears to be the case with her i would add and believe me when i say!!!!!!! Every detox time after time becomes more and more difficult there's an old saying for alcoholics one is to many and ten is not enough the youth of today should learn from this tragedy. Having said that she isn't the first and she certainly wont be the last Regards Billy xeal.(Pint)

Pat Kennedy
24th August 2011, 18:31
Well the toxicology results were released to Amy Winehouse's family this week, and her Father, Mitch, has stated that there were absolutely no illegal substances found in her system.
There was some alcohol, but they still do not know the cause of her death.
Her father said that Amy had been drug free for three weeks and appeared to be contented with things as they were.
Little credit was given to her on this thread, but at least she had been making a great effort to overcome her addictions.
Her family now have to await the outcome of the inquest in October.
RIP Amy.

Thats another Story
25th August 2011, 08:34
pat it could be that she thought she could just stop and that's what killed her it has to be a very slow process coming of the types of drugs she was most probably taking{ don't forget a cold turkey is normally a dead turkey} but no doubt she was under medical supervision. anyway may she rest in pease.john

Pat Kennedy
25th August 2011, 08:57
John,
She saw her doctor the day before she died and he apparently passed her as fighting fit. (This according to her father).
Pat

sparkie2182
25th August 2011, 11:05
I had a doctor like that once.

teb
25th August 2011, 12:27
I had a doctor like that once.

But -you are still here are you not?(POP)

sparkie2182
25th August 2011, 12:32
Yep......

Changed doctors.