Hi all!

Jeffers
4th January 2006, 22:34
I came across this site while searching for info on ships I used to be on.
I did a couple of years in the Merchant Navy after leaving school on Tynside. My longest trip was 9 months on the Border Pele out of Newcastle upon Tyne.
I have just had my 54th birthday so it is now approaching 40 years since I first went to sea! Doesn't time fly?
I am now living in Halifax with my second wife, working in the IT business as a hardware engineer.
I have fond memories of my time at sea, although I'm probably guilty of seeing it as rather rosier than it was as the years go by!
I would be grateful if anyone can let me know where I might find some pictures of the Border Pele.

thunderd
4th January 2006, 22:59
Welcome to the site Jeffers, there are a number of "Border" ships in the gallery but none of the one you are seeking. I'm sure it's just a matter of time before a photo is produced, in the meantime I hope you enjoy the site.

Gulpers
4th January 2006, 23:17
Jeffers,

Welcome to SN. I guarantee you will enjoy the experience!

Border Pele - follow this link for a photograph -

http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=41456 (Thumb)

non descript
4th January 2006, 23:52
A warm welcome to you Jeffers, the good ship SN is an excellent vessel with a great crew. Enjoy the site and we look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

Jeffers
5th January 2006, 00:49
Jeffers,

Welcome to SN. I guarantee you will enjoy the experience!

Border Pele - follow this link for a photograph -

http://www.shipspotting.com/modules/myalbum/photo.php?lid=41456 (Thumb)

Gulpers, thanks very much for the link, that certainly brings back some memories!

Doug Rogers
5th January 2006, 05:09
Welcome aboard Jeffers, enjoy the site and the membership.

ruud
5th January 2006, 09:55
Ahoy Jeffers,

Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself on this fine ship and her crew, as we do; looking forward to your postings.
From Holland

tanker
5th January 2006, 13:41
Welcome aboard from Italy :Buona Navigazione.
Gp

R58484956
5th January 2006, 19:07
Welcome Jeffers from the south of England enjoy the site and a happy new year to you.

patrick mahoney
5th January 2006, 19:25
welcome aboard to sn
regards
patrick

Gulpers
5th January 2006, 22:27
Gulpers, thanks very much for the link, that certainly brings back some memories!
Jeffers,

My pleasure. We are all here to help each other! Keep posting! (Thumb)

benjidog
5th January 2006, 22:58
Welcome to SN Jeffers.

A place of knowledge and many a shaft of wit (or is is waft of sh**?). It must have been a high tide to wash you up at Halifax and you have my sympathy - I have been working there for the last year and am about to escape. There is an old folk song called "The Dalesman's litany" - one line of the chorus goes "From Hull and Halifax and Hell - may the Good Lord deliver me" - those Dalesmen knew what they were talking about. (LOL)

I am sure you will get some useful information from the learned members.

rob15
26th February 2006, 15:13
I came across this site while searching for info on ships I used to be on.
I did a couple of years in the Merchant Navy after leaving school on Tynside. My longest trip was 9 months on the Border Pele out of Newcastle upon Tyne.
I have just had my 54th birthday so it is now approaching 40 years since I first went to sea! Doesn't time fly?
I am now living in Halifax with my second wife, working in the IT business as a hardware engineer.
I have fond memories of my time at sea, although I'm probably guilty of seeing it as rather rosier than it was as the years go by!
I would be grateful if anyone can let me know where I might find some pictures of the Border Pele.
hi jeffers i sailed on M.V,Border Lass in 1961i have a photo of the Border Pele if you would like it .the vessel was sold to Panama owners in 1981 ren.Five Streams scrap chittagong 1984.please give a contact address (K)