Mac

Hamish Mackintosh
6th January 2006, 04:48
Greetings!!
Great site you have here, found it by chance looking for ship pictures,sailed with BTC,Ahl,BEA, Steve Clarke,and a two yearer on Andrew weirs "Ivybank",all after my release from Gravesend in 1949,ah them were the days!!Happy new year to all and "lang May yer Lums reek"

Coastie
6th January 2006, 04:51
Morning Hamish and welcome to Ships Nostalgia. You are one of the many who have found the site by accident, I did too. I hope you also have many hours of fun and enjoyable stimulating "conversation" whilst on here. May even jog your memory too!

Gulpers
6th January 2006, 05:21
Welcome to SN Hamish. You will spend many a happy hour on this site. Warning ...... it is addictive! (Thumb)

Doug Rogers
6th January 2006, 06:52
Welcome aboard Hamish, enjoy the site and the sometimes dubious characters we seem to have as members.
Cheers....

non descript
6th January 2006, 07:22
A warm welcome to you Hamish, the good ship SN is an excellent vessel with a great crew. Enjoy the site and we look forward to your postings. Bon Voyage

thunderd
6th January 2006, 07:48
Hamish welcome from me too, this is the greatest site and I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Ron Stringer
6th January 2006, 08:26
Welcome Hamish,

If your avatar is anything to go by, you must be a pretty tough old bird. I have only flown over Chad (and only over a very small part of Chad, at that) but it isn't a place that I would choose to spend the later years of my life. Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy the site.

Ron

R58484956
6th January 2006, 13:50
Welcome Hamish to the site, enjoy it and a happy new year to you.

vix
6th January 2006, 19:28
Kia ora Hamish, Welcome aboard, I too worked for BTC (sometimes referred to as BPTC or BP?) Remember the days of curry and rice, devilled kidneys or brains on toast - for breakfast? Those were the days...Vix

Hamish Mackintosh
7th January 2006, 01:54
Kia ora Hamish, Welcome aboard, I too worked for BTC (sometimes referred to as BPTC or BP?) Remember the days of curry and rice, devilled kidneys or brains on toast - for breakfast? Those were the days...Vix
Yes that was the best curry in the world!! I would put two slices of bacon across the plate and drop a fried egg in the middle,good for the whole day!! (K)

Hamish Mackintosh
7th January 2006, 01:56
Welcome Hamish,

If your avatar is anything to go by, you must be a pretty tough old bird. I have only flown over Chad (and only over a very small part of Chad, at that) but it isn't a place that I would choose to spend the later years of my life. Good luck to you and I hope you enjoy the site.

Ron
Hey wot's this chad bit? I live in the Shuswap, If ye ken where it is {not a boot exchange}

Gulpers
7th January 2006, 03:20
Hamish,
Is that Shuswap Region B.C.?

If so you need to go back and edit your profile (from the Quick Links drop down menu on the toolbar at the top of each page). If you are in B.C., change the second box down to show Canada (or whichever country you are in). Then save your changes.

Next to your name you will then have a little flag appropriate to your location - not the pretty blue, yellow and red one you've got just now which indicates that you are in Chad!

Don't worry, lots of folk get it wrong! (Thumb)

Hamish Mackintosh
7th January 2006, 04:12
10-4 sorry about that ,didn'tread about myself (Night)

Gulpers
7th January 2006, 04:42
Nae bother Hamish. I much prefer the flag you've got now! (Applause)

ruud
12th January 2006, 14:22
Ahoy Hamish,

Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself on this fine ship and her crew, as we do; looking forward to your postings.
From Holland