Hello from Halifax, NS

Keltic Star
23rd January 2006, 07:51
Enjoyed lurking for the last few nights, seems like a great site with the sense of humour only found aboard MN ships, particularly in the past.

Trained at King Ted's & sailed with Furness Withy, Prince Line, Everards (for my sins), Esso Tankers thence flags of convenience respectable, Bermuda & Bahamas, and questionable, Panama & El Salvador. Ashore for last thirty odd years in ship management after meeting a girl from Montreal but have married two others since then.
Now in the military patrol boat business and building motor yachts for the rich and stupid. Rich enough to afford them and stupid enough to go to sea for pleasure.

Regards
Bob Upshon

thunderd
23rd January 2006, 08:33
Bob welcome to the site, it is a lot of fun and I hope you continue to enjoy it and share your experiences with us, perhaps a few photos of some of your gin palaces would be nice.

jim barnes
23rd January 2006, 11:59
Welcome aboard ship mate, enjoyed your comments. Like your tone of voice? (Hippy)

tanker
23rd January 2006, 14:15
Welcome aboard from Italy.
Gp

R58484956
23rd January 2006, 14:20
Welcome Bob from the south of England, I will not be one of your customers.

benjidog
23rd January 2006, 16:54
Greetings Bob from the North of England.

Welcome to the site and all there is to see. I was going on holiday to PEI this year but my daughter (who lives in Ottawa) tells me it is closed so we are going to Maine instead. (*))

Will be coming through Montreal on the way back.

Best wishes,

Doug Rogers
24th January 2006, 02:19
Welcome aboard Bob, enjoy the site and what it has for its members.

edward
24th January 2006, 19:44
welcome on board bob enjoy this ship,edward.

steve Coombs
24th January 2006, 21:48
Welcome

Semaj
24th January 2006, 22:13
Welcome aboard Bob, SN is just the place to while away the wee small hours.

Jim.

DMA
24th January 2006, 22:41
Welcome Bob,you picked a great place to drop your hook,Halifax,Nova Scotia.
Had a great holiday in NS myself this past summer unfortunately didn't get to Halifax [spent my time on Cape Breton & on the Rock].
You'll enjoy SN a new chapter every day,or should I say every watch!!

ruud
26th January 2006, 10:12
Ahoy Bob,

Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself on this fine ship and her crew, as we do; looking forward to your postings.
From Holland

davdot
24th March 2012, 16:31
Hi Bob, will be in your exact area in June , Staying at Dartmouth and hopefully doing some WW2 HX convoy research at the Halifax maritime museum. Will be visiting Lunenburg , so will be passing through your area. Do you know any micro-breweries or good pubs in that area. Dave and Dot Reddish. UK