16th March 2012, 23:22
http://glcmarengg.com/index.html

Having sailed with the Doxford LBD..
Very good read. He told as it was.

John.

(Thumb)

R58484956
18th March 2012, 12:08
A very intersting read, the man knows his engineering.

Alan Rawlinson
19th March 2012, 13:49
A very intersting read, the man knows his engineering.

Wow! I take my hat off to this Guy. As a total thicko on engineering matters, I nevertheless have a great thing about problem solving, and after reading a page or two of this stuff, I had to stop - my head was whirring with shims, pistons, bearings, clearances, and all the tech jargon.

I feel sure he could have fixed the 3 garden strimmers I have had to dump because of lack of power....

ianian
22nd March 2012, 23:27
Wow! I take my hat off to this Guy. As a total thicko on engineering matters, I nevertheless have a great thing about problem solving, and after reading a page or two of this stuff, I had to stop - my head was whirring with shims, pistons, bearings, clearances, and all the tech jargon.

I feel sure he could have fixed the 3 garden strimmers I have had to dump because of lack of power....

What a load of old nonsense, the bloke was a blithering idiot who compiled that rubbish, he cannot even put down the correct KW's of the Yanmar diesels he writes about 120KW and up to 180 KW's god sake that would not run anything on a ship except for lights, absolute garbage.

Ianian

jamesgpobog
23rd March 2012, 01:11
...he writes about 120KW and up to 180 KW's god sake that would not run anything on a ship except for lights...

I thought that was his point and his problem...

chadburn
23rd March 2012, 18:16
He has certainly "vented his spleen", when I read through it I kept thinking about that wonderful actor Michael Bates.

Macphail
24th March 2012, 00:21
What a load of old nonsense, the bloke was a blithering idiot who compiled that rubbish, he cannot even put down the correct KW's of the Yanmar diesels he writes about 120KW and up to 180 KW's god sake that would not run anything on a ship except for lights, absolute garbage.

Ianian

I think it is a classic.
He could be a third world panny wallah, I think not.

A.D.FROST
10th April 2012, 18:16
LBD (Little Black Dress)

Macphail
10th April 2012, 20:42
LBD (Little Black Dress)

http://www.kombuispraat.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1221&p=208129&hilit=Wilton+Fijenoord+DOXFORD

(?HUH)