7th April 2012, 16:31
i was there from 28/9/59 to 6/11/59 catering

Tom(Tucker)Kirby
7th April 2012, 16:55
Remember it well. June,July and August 1955. Tom

DMA
7th April 2012, 20:10
there is thousands in uk ,usa,canada,new zealand ,aussie,take your pick,

Not long now Bob til your back on the high sea's(==D)(Thumb)
Enjoy your trip & get your discharge book stamped....

Essjay
28th April 2012, 20:39
I was there from Jan 1951 to Feb 51. An old ballie now!(Applause)

Gordi
29th April 2012, 10:50
I was there 19-4-54-21-5-54 catering R608621 Gordi

backsplice
29th April 2012, 22:17
I was there in the summer of 57 and proud of it just think lads when we,re all gone thats it ????????????? no more Vindi boys(Smoke)

Puffin's skipper
22nd December 2014, 15:21
I was there in the summer of 57 and proud of it just think lads when we,re all gone thats it ????????????? no more Vindi boys(Smoke)

Why did we join, why did we join, why did we join old Agate's navy?
Five bob a week, f*** all to eat,
Dirty great Vindi boots hanging off yer feet...

There 1962.. Lost my first front tooth (of many) while ashore at the Sally Army 'church hall' meeting in Berkley... Only went every Sunday night cos it had Cocoa & Sarnies served after we had sung our hearts out for Jesus to save our souls from sin... Plus it also had that free bus from the Seamans Mish in Sharpness.. I cant blame the Sally bash for the missing tooth however, that is probably still laid there, buried deep between the cracks in the stone floor of the pub nearby... The one where we often sneaked in for a cider until I was laid out cold by the Landlord & barman, themselves a rather odd species of humanity but quite common to rural Gloucestershire in those days! More like in-bred red necks, they made Forest Gump look like Albert Einstein. .. (Thumb)

TonyAllen
22nd December 2014, 15:53
marcus the piano player was a touch too feely for my liking although in catering I soon learnt to STEER of him

Puffin's skipper
22nd December 2014, 17:45
marcus the piano player was a touch too feely for my liking although in catering I soon learnt to STEER of him

Ah yes.. I remember.. 'Mark' as I thought his name was.. He tried to comfort many a young 15 year old recruit lonely for his Mummy. At least he did until he got "feely" with Scouse Jackson. Scouse showed him a "Pier Head" drop kick... I don't think f/m Mark could sit down on a piano stool for six months, so our lot and the course following us would have been well safe until Mark got those two lumps surgically lowered from out of the back of his neck.. B\)

Puffin's skipper
22nd December 2014, 17:53
Not long now Bob til your back on the high sea's(==D)(Thumb)
Enjoy your trip & get your discharge book stamped....

and if your are visiting bagging off ports in your old age... remember to take your M+B's and some Detol. B\)