Hi and Hallo

RNXS Skipper
7th April 2012, 13:07
Just joined up whilst searching for images of former RNXS minesweepers of Fleet Auxiliaries.

I would love to hear from any RNXS members from the 1969 to 1981 era.

As I say on my profile I joined the Poole, Dorset unit around 1968/9 and used XSV Shipham based in Portland. Did my Skippers course around 1973/4 at Portsmouth together with Ron Maskell and Charles Kitching together with Bill Fletcher doing his Charge Engineer, all of us from Poole. There was a forth person on the course, a London thames barge/lighterman whose name i forget. Ring any bells with anyone.

We, togerther with Portland Unit, were the two units sharing Loyal Moderator when she first came into RNXS use from new build.

Left Poole in 1977 and joined South Wales meeting in Newport during which time we took an active role in a NATO LIVEX. Then in 1981 I moved to Kent and had a brief spell in Chatham Unit before a divorce changed my priorities.

Look forward to hearing from anyone with comparable memories

RNXS Skipper

P.S. Happy to share my real identity with anyone with a genuine background

hawkey01
7th April 2012, 14:16
RNXS Skipper,

on behalf of the Moderating team welcome to SN. Enjoy all we have to offer.

Hawkey01

fred henderson
7th April 2012, 15:11
A warm welcome to SN. I hope that you will fully enjoy the benefits of your membership by joining in the discussions on any topic that you find to be of interest to you.

Gulpers
7th April 2012, 16:23
RNXS Skipper,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

R58484956
7th April 2012, 16:52
Greetings RNXS and welcome to SN, Bon nvoyage.

billyboy
7th April 2012, 23:16
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer