Windsor or willesden

alastair.k
23rd April 2012, 16:29
who sailed with watts watts shipping company in July1953--1957

John Rogers
4th June 2012, 23:20
who sailed with watts watts shipping company in July1953--1957

Just saw your post. I sailed on the Willesden and the Beckenham 1951-1953.

stores
5th June 2012, 00:28
hi, i was on the MV Wanstead in 1961, my brother sailed on Wanstead, Woolwich and Beaconsfield. which Willesden did you sail on, the steamship or the later motorship, ?

A.D.FROST
8th June 2012, 08:57
hi, i was on the MV Wanstead in 1961, my brother sailed on Wanstead, Woolwich and Beaconsfield. which Willesden did you sail on, the steamship or the later motorship, ?

ss.WILLESDEN 46-58, mv.WILLESDEN 61-62(Pint)

John Rogers
8th June 2012, 17:39
Like I mentioned,I was on the Willesden in 1953,I was a Greaser.

johnar
12th June 2012, 10:19
ss.WILLESDEN 46-58, mv.WILLESDEN 61-62(Pint)

Hi there, my father was chippy on the willesden outward from, I think, tilbury dec 1949.Unfortunately he died a few days later and was buried at sea. Any recollections ?. cheers roger.(Pint)

Brian Rowlings
19th November 2013, 15:43
Just saw your post. I sailed on the Willesden and the Beckenham 1951-1953.

I did my first trip to sea on the Beckenham. I joined her in South Shields as deck boy 27th August 1953. Quite an exciting trip we loaded timber at Igarka in North Russia and on the trip back to the U.K. we ran aground on Novaya Zembla and were picked up off the beach by the crew of a Russian ship, "Alexander Suvarov" which took us to Archangel and eventually home via Helsinki, Turku, Stockholm, Gothenburg and Tilbury. Not bad for a first trip was it? There were two other first trip deck boys on board, all of us fresh from training at the Mill Dam pre Sea School.

Regards

Brian Rowlings.

terence docker
20th June 2015, 07:37
I sailed London to Dar-es-Salem on my first trip to sea as a pantry boy straight from the Vindi. A hell Ship for me. I've had to live with that trip all my life. Signed off ill with glandular fever - nearly died in hospital - hospitalised for six weeks, signed on DBS on the Wendover ( a ship & crew that was everything that the Willesden should have been...) Recovered in the UK and went back to sea with the NZSCo for the next five years - a great five years too with a great company... contact me direct if you wish to talk more

Terry Docker
20/06/15

Split
20th June 2015, 11:48
I sailed London to Dar-es-Salem on my first trip to sea as a pantry boy straight from the Vindi. A hell Ship for me. I've had to live with that trip all my life. Signed off ill with glandular fever - nearly died in hospital - hospitalised for six weeks, signed on DBS on the Wendover ( a ship & crew that was everything that the Willesden should have been...) Recovered in the UK and went back to sea with the NZSCo for the next five years - a great five years too with a great company... contact me direct if you wish to talk more

Terry Docker
20/06/15

Why was she called Willesden? It is a respectable part of NW London but, as far as I know, famous for nothing other than me being born there.

johnar
26th July 2015, 11:20
Why was she called Willesden? It is a respectable part of NW London but, as far as I know, famous for nothing other than me being born there.

named as were others I believe,after London suburbs,Wanstead Woodford etc---cheers-Roger--