Mike Agate

Mike Agate
22nd May 2012, 04:41
I joined Bank Line in 1962 as a Cadet on Trentbank's maiden voyage. other ships I served on were: Yewbank, Logan Bank, Southbank, Fleetbank, Firbank and several others until I paid of from the Roybank in 1971. I now live in New Zealand where I spent 40 years as a Retail Sales Manager.

Gulpers
22nd May 2012, 07:49
Mike,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey - you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you explore our threads and, since there are plenty ex-Bank Line members, you have a good chance of re-establishing contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

gdynia
22nd May 2012, 08:20
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

R58484956
22nd May 2012, 12:55
Greetings Mike and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

Alistair Macnab
22nd May 2012, 15:35
Were you a relation of a Mr. Agate who was a pilot at the Port of Chalna in East Pakistan/Bangladesh? He was supposed to be related to James Agate the well-known Broadway critic. I was with Bank Line at the time and subsequently in the United States where I still am.

billyboy
22nd May 2012, 23:06
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Mike Agate
23rd May 2012, 08:31
Yes he was my father & James Agate was my cousin.

Were you a relation of a Mr. Agate who was a pilot at the Port of Chalna in East Pakistan/Bangladesh? He was supposed to be related to James Agate the well-known Broadway critic. I was with Bank Line at the time and subsequently in the United States where I still am.

jimthehat
23rd May 2012, 09:59
Yes he was my father & James Agate was my cousin.

Its a small world,when was your father a pilot in chalna ,spent many a happy week there.

jim

Mike Agate
23rd May 2012, 13:16
Its a small world,when was your father a pilot in chalna ,spent many a happy week there.

jim

1954 to1962