Christine

uppercombe1
4th June 2012, 15:14
Just to say "hello"... I saw the "Biscoe Kid" tug at the Thames Pageant yesterday, and since Biscoe is a family name, I wondered how the tug got its name. I now know it is connected to the RSS John Biscoe which was named after my ancestor who curcumnavigated the Antarctic in the 1830s. If anyone has any information concerning any of the above, I would be pleased to hear.

A.D.FROST
4th June 2012, 15:27
Just to say "hello"... I saw the "Biscoe Kid" tug at the Thames Pageant yesterday, and since Biscoe is a family name, I wondered how the tug got its name. I now know it is connected to the RSS John Biscoe which was named after my ancestor who curcumnavigated the Antarctic in the 1830s. If anyone has any information concerning any of the above, I would be pleased to hear.

Is it not a play on words "BISTO KID" AHH!

uppercombe1
4th June 2012, 16:01
Well done!

billyboy
4th June 2012, 23:22
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Gulpers
5th June 2012, 05:01
Christine,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)*

Biscoe Kid information can be found in this (https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?p=600196#post600196) thread. (Bounce)

R58484956
5th June 2012, 11:34
Greetings Christine and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

lamptrimmer
5th June 2012, 12:30
Hi and welcome Christine
Google search BISCOE KID and you will find lots of interesting history about the" tug "
lamptrimmer