Joh Tinnion

joh tinnion
5th June 2012, 18:15
ccordingly we sailed with her from the Tyne and I have lost all record of this occasion, discharge book, company magazine, menus signed by her (I think Lascelles) It is such a lomg time ago that one begins to think did this really happen, but happen it did and I would appreciate any information that anyone can give, or point me in the right direction.
Kind regards Joh Tinnion

Gulpers
5th June 2012, 20:06
Joh,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)*

Looks like the beginning of your original message is missing! (Read)

billyboy
5th June 2012, 22:06
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

joh tinnion
6th June 2012, 11:14
Errata= My first Hello thread should read as follows= In I think 1953 I was sailing as electrician aboard the CT Bowring tanker Regent Springbok. This was just before the option of luxurious air travel became an available. The Springbok was certainly well appointed in order to accomodate 12 passengers, and we found our vessel was host to the then Princess Royal,taking the lady to the Carribean in her capacity as patron of the Red Cross sailing from the Tyne. I have lost all reords of this unusual event and I wonder if any one has any information to pass on to me

R58484956
6th June 2012, 19:22
Greetings Joh and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.