Wallbrook

arielht500
21st July 2012, 18:25
Does any know if Wallbrook which i last saw at Wells next the Sea, Norfolk, is still plying its trade. It is purely just interest that i ask i dont have any connection with the vessel.
Steve

arielht500
21st July 2012, 18:31
I should have added that Wallbrook was obviously the harbour dredger. The last time i visited Wells there was a dredger but moored out in " The Run" and not having nocs with me, i couldnt see what she was as she was stern to beach.

arielht500
27th July 2012, 19:30
I should mention that Wallbrook is/was a converted dredger in a make shift sort of way and not a purpose built suction dredger. It had a large steel tube which i assume was the anchor which went down through the hull and a priestman (i think) tracked crane with grab attachment. It was a fascinating set up to see working. I have seen mention of a Wallbrook within these hallowed pages but blowed if i can find it now.
Steve

stan mayes
27th July 2012, 19:46
Hi,
Wallbrook is in the Gallery with some interesting comments..
Click on Coasters.
She was very familiar to me when on Beckton -Southend Gas Works coal trade.
Stan

GROWLER
27th July 2012, 20:51
If you link up with Southend gasworks jetty site you will find a photgraph posted there of probably the WALLBROOK or the MAYESBROOK alongside the jetty

I spent a lot of my childhood summers days there between the jetties

Paul Duncan

arielht500
27th July 2012, 22:55
Thanks gents will check this out.I had no idea what she was doing before being a dredger of sorts.
Steve

ixion
29th January 2013, 14:28
I have some photos of her working at Wells-next-the Sea which I have now posted. She was latyer sold to MOD for target practice lying off Wainfleet (See http://www.panoramio.com/photo/3238348 )

arielht500
2nd February 2013, 23:19
Thanks for posting the pictures. They bring back memories. Looking again at the crane on board i think it may have been a Ruston Bucyrus 22 RB. I didnt know she was sold to MOD for target practice. I also remember Ni-Tricia and always thought she was/is a handsome craft. Thanks again