full british crew?

jannerboy88
6th August 2012, 19:13
Do ARCO dredgers sail with a full brit crew

A.D.FROST
7th August 2012, 14:49

No,They were the First to take POLES! before RMC(Cloud)

kevhogg
7th August 2012, 16:13
Think the only companies left now with full british crew are Foreland shipping and RFA. Sad state of affairs!!!

artysan
7th August 2012, 20:31
Also Lothian Shipping (Eon Power Co ) 1 Ship left Lord Hinton currently up for sale all to be made reduntant 31st December 2012

chadburn
8th August 2012, 17:33
Think the only companies left now with full british crew are Foreland shipping and RFA. Sad state of affairs!!!

Has the RFA stopped employing Chinese?

kevhogg
8th August 2012, 20:17
Phased out the Chinese after Falklands war and I think the last full chinese ships were Pearleaf & Plumleaf

jannerboy88
8th August 2012, 20:41
cheers lads for info,thought they may still be all brit, i'm ex grey funnel line was working falmouth docks ,the only full brit crewed shipswe had in for refit were the RFA an esso tanker(1990s) and good old trinity house.

chadburn
8th August 2012, 21:30
Cheers Kev.

Orbitaman
2nd November 2012, 14:29
INS (PNTL and NDA) ships are registered in Barrow and all carry a full British crew

zero
11th November 2012, 18:25
By Chadburn
Has the RFA stopped employing Chinese?

By Kevhogg
Phased out the Chinese after Falklands war and I think the last full chinese ships were Pearleaf & Plumleaf

The last ships to be manned by Chinese ratings were the LSL's, the last one being Sir Lancelot in 1989

Tom P
12th November 2012, 18:43
Carrisbrook a fine example about 70 ships under red duster not one British seafarer most with shiny new UK Discharge Books and CEC's

Steve Hurley
29th April 2013, 14:10

Hi
Arco/Hanson are getting rid of the polish and bringing back the Brits
(==D)(==D)

Pat McCardle
29th April 2013, 14:24
INS (PNTL and NDA) ships are registered in Barrow and all carry a full British crew

Rubbish! I know a few Geordies who are employed by them.

LouisB
29th April 2013, 15:14
By Chadburn

By Kevhogg

The last ships to be manned by Chinese ratings were the LSL's, the last one being Sir Lancelot in 1989

When I sailed on Sir Lancelot (under RFA) I found the HK Chinese crew to be very good indeed. My wireman, Lam Chun Wah, was definitely a 'one off' who was very knowledgeable with a keen appreciation of western humour. Quite a few of the fully UK manned vessels I had been appointed to had various problems with personnel throughout their voyage as did some Maltese crewed ships. Not all but some.

LouisB. (Scribe)

tonymar
29th April 2013, 15:46
we are an island surrounded by the sea , why would we want any british to have any maritime or seamanship skills

Pilot mac
29th April 2013, 17:30
I may be wrong but I think ARCO dredgers have only one ship with non Brits aboard.

Dave

jmcg
29th April 2013, 22:30
On the Thatcher thread one poster pens that a shipowner can get Filipino crew for 60% less wages than any other nationality.

I wonder if that explains why the UK is now a FOC .

How much would a post 1995 qualified Old Man from Manila command?

BW

J(Gleam)(Gleam)