bert mackenzie from wick ex fisherman

Bert MacKenzie
11th February 2006, 20:16
just joined up my background is fisherman from wick left industry 17 years ago now working as a rigger offshore.i started fishing career aboard boy andrew wk171 also aboard the chance wk126 before aquiring our own boat the heather anne wk111 . would like to hear from anybody who fished in out of wick or scrabster also any other fishermen who would like a blether
bert

Semaj
11th February 2006, 21:43
Welcome Bert, You have joined a great site, not a Fisherman myself but we all like a good yarn so if you have any please share it with us.
I love Thurso and visit at least once a year. My favourite place to stay the Weighbridge Inn.

Jim.

jim barnes
11th February 2006, 21:55
Welcome Bert never worked fishing boats but sure wish i had when i was younger, tough life had some friends ex fishermen years ago, welcome few on here to keep you entertained im sure? (Thumb) (Hippy)

thunderd
11th February 2006, 23:29
A warm welcome to the site Bert, plenty photos of fishing boats here and quite a few people who follow them, so join in and enjoy yourself.

billyboy
12th February 2006, 02:14
Welcom aboard Bert. great ship and crew here mate. enjoy only did a wee bit of fishing myself, till she sank! wasnt keen on the three hours in the water so gave up fishing.

vix
12th February 2006, 02:20
Welcom aboard Bert. great ship and crew here mate. enjoy only did a wee bit of fishing myself, till she sank! wasnt keen on the three hours in the water so gave up fishing.
Kia ora from Kiwiland, Bert, Welcome to the site: The only fishing I've ever done is setting the net of an evening and picking it up next morning, or casting off the rocks...it's getting harder to get a feed...either way! Vix (Night)

jim barnes
12th February 2006, 02:31
Welcom aboard Bert. great ship and crew here mate. enjoy only did a wee bit of fishing myself, till she sank! wasnt keen on the three hours in the water so gave up fishing. only three hours billy, then again most use a boat or a fishing rod, swimming around trying to catch a few fish, get your act together man (Thumb) (Night)

ruud
12th February 2006, 06:58
Ahoy Bert,

Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself on this fine ship and her crew, as we do; looking forward to your postings.
From Holland

Note:Wasn't the WK-171 called the Oppertune and owned by Bremner Fishing Co?

tom nicholson
12th February 2006, 12:06
welcome to the site enjoy it .
cheers tom (*))

R58484956
12th February 2006, 12:21
Welcome Bert to the site enjoy it and all it has to offer.

kenny8114
6th March 2006, 01:23
Hi Bert I'am ex fisherman ex skipper now DC cox in stand by boat cheers kenny