Captain John Kenward Winn

Tom Inglis
13th September 2012, 09:45
It is with sadness I report the death of Captain John Kedward Winn at his home in Weston-Super- Mare on Tuesday 11th Sept. John left HMS Worcester in 1942 and joined Blue Funnel Line as Midshipman. He remained at sea for his whole career and was master in Blue Funnel and subsequently OCL until he retired in 1986.
There will be private family funeral followed by a celebration of John's life at Emmanuel Church, Oxford Street, Weston-super-mare BS23 1TG at 1230 on Thursday 20th Sept to which all friends are invited.

Tom Inglis

TechGirl
19th September 2012, 04:33
John and I were with JK on his retirement voyage on the Barber Perseus. It was an eventful trip, with a major engineroom fire. His wife Connie joined the ship for the last leg. Sad to hear.

Dod Caukie
26th September 2012, 16:57
Sailed with JK on his last trip as Ch. mate on "Prometheus" and later with him as Master Of "Clytoneus" the product carrier one not the A boat. His wife joined him at Aruba where we were on the Maracaibo lake shuttle at the time. Always a gentleman. My condolences to the family.

Barber Hector
15th October 2012, 19:08
So sorry to learn of Capt Winn's passing. So sad. I sailed with him on the Barber line RoRo ships for several voyages also on the 'Perseus when she had the ER fire. He was a gentleman and pleasure to sail with. Connie was always a welcome lady on board.

TechGirl
18th October 2012, 21:11
Hi

Intrigued to know who you are! John Riding, my husband was 3/E on the "Perseus" on the voyage with the ER fire. We've kept in touch with Rita and Bill Davison over the years and Bryan Turner, 4/E on board at the time, is Godfather to our youngest son (14).

Kind regards

Gill