Saying Hello

Keithbyatt
13th February 2006, 12:02
Just joined this Forum so a quick intro. Ex Engineer Cadet British India from 1969 - 1971. Not long I know, but I could see the P&O influence starting !!!

Still have a few bits of my uniform left, jacket and cap badge. However, jacket seems to have shrunk over the years. I am interested in anything BI or about SS Shieldhall. Particularly Chakla and Jelunga.

R58484956
13th February 2006, 12:55
Welcome Keith to the site enjoy it and all it has to offer. The Shieldhall has its own website.

Keithbyatt
13th February 2006, 13:33
Thanks for the greeting. Re Shieldhall's website, thanks, I know. Am a Life Member / part owner of her. Just interested to seei if anybody in Cyperland has any stories / photos of her from the past 50 years.

Regards

Keith

tanker
13th February 2006, 13:36
Welcome aboard from Italy.
Gp

R58484956
13th February 2006, 14:38
Keith you must be the first ship owner we have on this site, at least of a decent size.
Remember Sam Cunard started off with one vessel, so keep hopeing.

fred henderson
13th February 2006, 16:30
Welcome on board Kieth, enjoy the site and join in our activities.
Do ships on the British Register still have 64 shares. I remember building a couple of ships for a group of owners in the 1970s. Each owner had a different number of 64ths in each ship. It was a financial arrangement going back into the mists of time.

Fred (Thumb)

Keithbyatt
13th February 2006, 17:07
Fred,

No idea. I only own part of the Shieldhall because I own 100 shares in the Limited Company that was set up to preserve her. Although I do not really know, I expect there are more than 64 people holding shares, but I will check just for the record.

In case anybody is interested, she has twin triple expansion steam engines and steam auxilliaries. We have a summer cruise programme which you can view at www.ss-shieldhall.co.uk

Regards

Keith

Coastie
13th February 2006, 18:17
Hi keith.
Welcome aboard S.N. I hope you find many hours of interest and amusement here. You may find it addictive though!

John Briggs
15th February 2006, 09:21
Welcome Keith - a few ex BI types here. If you are intersted you should check out www.biship.com

ruud
15th February 2006, 15:34
Ahoy Keith,

Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself on this fine ship and her crew, as we do; looking forward to your postings.
From Holland