China commissions its first Aircraft Carrier

James_C
25th September 2012, 12:26
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-19710040

Interesting times ahead!

stein
25th September 2012, 13:16
The world dominance of the European peoples are coming to an end, and then we will find out how it is to be dominated. (Well, not me, I'll be in the grave before China and India and Brazil overtakes Europe, Britain, the US, Canada, and Australia.) Japan can begin shaking right away though...

tony Allard
26th November 2012, 11:43
The world dominance of the European peoples are coming to an end, and then we will find out how it is to be dominated. (Well, not me, I'll be in the grave before China and India and Brazil overtakes Europe, Britain, the US, Canada, and Australia.) Japan can begin shaking right away though...

nah i have to disagree china is a threat to merica and possibly europe, so we not support merica that way china will not go near us, it is yanks that china want to get rid of.(Thumb)

billyboy
26th November 2012, 11:47
Worrying times ahead indeed. Especially for the Philippines people.

James_C
26th November 2012, 11:55
Update - first jets land and take off: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-20483716

R58484956
26th November 2012, 15:00
Perhaps their government is a little more go ahead than our crowd.

chadburn
26th November 2012, 15:23
There can't be many Nation's that do not have the influence of massive Chinese investment in them which if suddenly withdrawn could cause severe disruption to those Nation's economies. China after Russia was seen as a danger to other Countries years ago, now Russia has moved down the league table China has taken the lead. Hopefully their other Naval Vessel's (barring for this Russian Built Carrier) are built like their "counterfeit" Bulker's in that they look good but do not last long without having major defect's.

Davesdream
22nd December 2012, 05:53
Accordingly in regards as a threat to the US and Europe many defense experts are downplaying this carrier as a threat as this time. For several reasons:

1. This a "VERY NEW" concept of carrier aviation in the Chinese Navy. The use and tactics of said ship is still in the very early stages.

2. All Naval Experts now as saying this carrier will be a "Training Carrier" for there future carrier which is under construction. Moreover a green crew on the flight deck and air crew that are NOT fully combat ready.

China is in the early stages of carrier and deployment tactics, so do not think for 1 minute they will deploy this carrier in any real sense of the meaning.

Regards

TOM ALEXANDER
22nd December 2012, 08:31
nah i have to disagree china is a threat to merica and possibly europe, so we not support merica that way china will not go near us, it is yanks that china want to get rid of.(Thumb)

Don't think they want to get rid of the Yanks -- there the ones buying so much of the junk (pun intended) they produce.

Davesdream
27th March 2013, 01:36
If they are buying so much junk, why is it there economy is slowly down? There economy is based on exportation......recently some of there companies had to close there doors because the orders were not coming...Moreover they continue to de-value there own currencey against on the US Dollar.

The Chinese market is not as strong as one is lead to believe.

Regards

TOM ALEXANDER
27th March 2013, 07:32
If they are buying so much junk, why is it there economy is slowly down? There economy is based on exportation......recently some of there companies had to close there doors because the orders were not coming...Moreover they continue to de-value there own currencey against on the US Dollar.

The Chinese market is not as strong as one is lead to believe.

Regards

It's not the Chinese doing the buying -- it's the Americans, the Canadians, etc. One of the main things they are buying from us in return is scrap metal, including ships, and electronic scrap for the metal recovery. Then they sell it back to us again! (Cloud)

ben27
28th March 2013, 08:12
hi james_c 25 September,2010,21:26re:china's first aircraft carrier,no they wont attack u.s.a.it wont be about trade,the chinese wont attack someone who would thrash them,and set them back to isolation.plus loosing all the trade they need to maintain a better standard of living.(hey.this is just my personel opinion.)don't worry as atley said in 1939,peace in our time.stay well ben27

NickNZ
3rd April 2013, 09:13
hi james_c 25 September,2010,21:26re:china's first aircraft carrier,no they wont attack u.s.a.it wont be about trade,the chinese wont attack someone who would thrash them,and set them back to isolation.plus loosing all the trade they need to maintain a better standard of living.(hey.this is just my personel opinion.)don't worry as atley said in 1939,peace in our time.stay well ben27

The Chinese have the advantage of mindless people who will do as they are told (I never thought I'd say this but...) the Americans are too bright to be brainwashed.....in the main.

NoR
3rd April 2013, 10:41
China commissions its first Aircraft Carrier

I expect they've got some aircraft to go with it.

Davesdream
23rd April 2013, 18:47
Yes you are correct it's the Americans and the Canadian that are buying at a reduce rate than before. People are tired of getting "cheap" product's that do not hold up to normal everyday use. Moreover it's the Chinese that are suffering because of the reduced orders in production NOT the Americans or Canadians......

Moreover, the old computers were going to Pakistan or India verses China for many years until the US placed a "Ban" on exporting old computers.

Regards

TOM ALEXANDER
24th April 2013, 08:35

Without doing a whole bunch of research on this -- was it not Chamberlain who asserted "peace in out time"?? Clement Atlee didn't come into prominence of the Labout Party until after the war. (Whaaa)

kypros
24th April 2013, 12:42
Always remember that comment from an American Congressman on China having trillions of dollars in currency "Well they cant eat them can they".KYPROS