rodwilkins
27th September 2012, 20:20
hi

i've just discovered this forum. Would love to hear from anyone who may remember me, I sailed on Doric as 3rd Leckie and Iberic and Cedric as 2nd between 1966 and 1969.

Rod Wilkins

gadgee
27th September 2012, 21:44
Welcome Rod. Enjoy the site. I was with SSA from 1972 to 1974 as a Deck Officer. I was on Icenic, Cretic, Northern Star, Langstone, Megantic and Cotswold Prince.

Gulpers
27th September 2012, 22:26
Rod,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey - we guarantee you will thoroughly enjoy the SN experience!
You will certainly spark many happy memories when you have a chance to explore our threads and, who knows, you may even re-establish contact with old shipmates.
Good luck! (Thumb)

gdynia
28th September 2012, 05:11
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

billyboy
28th September 2012, 06:47
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

Pompeyfan
28th September 2012, 08:25
Welcome aboard Rod. I hope you find old shipmates who remember you.

R58484956
28th September 2012, 17:32
Greetings Rod and welcome to SN. Bon voyage.

John King
1st October 2013, 15:26
Welcome rod I was sent to join the Doric in Liverpool as 2nd leckie but she was still in Glasgow apparently had damaged a tug with her prop and was in drydock I got on board after week, checked with 1st leckie after 2hrs on board I was told to get back to London to join the laurentic.met an eng on the Doric who lived down the road from can't remember his name now.Im sure you'll find some mates on here cheers J King

Chris Huckson
6th January 2014, 02:00
Hi Rod I sailed with you to Aussie and nz on the cedric.I was a junior eng and was living in Blackburn at the time we used to bump into each other occasionally for a year or two ,havent seen you for a while as I have lived in nz for over 40 years .good to hear you have made it to retirement age.
Chris Huckson

John.H.Clark
6th January 2014, 21:59
Hi Chris
see you live in Napier, lucky man. When we were on Illyric maiden voyage in 1960 we called Napier and Captain Milne made the local paper and radio station as he had been on officer on Taranaki during the earthquake , he was still a hero
John

Malcolm S
7th January 2014, 22:57
Greetings and welcome as well,
Between the years 1969 to 1976 I had good times on the Laurentic - Saracen / Langstone / Britannic / Northern Star / Majestic / Carnatic / Cymric / Ocean Monarch / Suevic and Illyric

3rd and 2nd Mate positions.

Enjoyed the SSA re-union last year in Nottingham with my bride who was a nurse on the Ocean Monarch.

Malcolm

brandane
10th January 2014, 23:23
Hi Malcolm

You still have chance to book for Cambridge, UK in March ~ or Hamilton, NZ in April ~ would be great to see you down under,
Cheers Jamie

brandane
10th January 2014, 23:31
Hi Chris

Can I interest you in Shaw Savill Society ~ and our Reunion in Hamilton in April 2014 ~ its never too late to join ~ even though we have been active almost 25 years in NZ. In fact we have had several reunions at Kennedy Park over the years ~ and may opt for it again in the future.
Cheers Jamie