Hello to you all

Black Sea Kid
15th February 2006, 14:35
Just to say HELLO to everyone out there. Came across the site by chance a few days ago whilst showing my young Son some of the ships his Dad had sailed on – hoping that one day he might follow a Sea-going tradition, but the question is where, chances of finding a vessel where the Bosun screams at the young lad, “heave that guy rope and watch that eye-pad”, grease under the nails and cut hands, are long gone. Looking back, my early years where some of the most informative, exciting but then again, youth is “stupid” as do not appreciate those things at the time. Thank goodness for age and the art of reflection !!!!

Hope to become an active participant in the site, which, it certainly gives me that “warm, fuzzy feeling”. Good to meet you all.

Kind regds/BSK

tanker
15th February 2006, 14:43
Welcome aboard from Italy a lot of ships to see for you in this Website!!
Gp

R58484956
15th February 2006, 14:45
Welcome aboard BSK to the site, enjoy it and all it has to offer. Most of us left the sea years ago but our minds are still there.

Piero43
15th February 2006, 14:54
Welcome aboard, BSK!
Don't be sorry if your son will have a less "romantic" career than yours; sea is still great and fascinating, and ships (also the today's ugly "block of flats") in my opinion are and ever will be the only men's creation that really has a soul.
P.

ruud
15th February 2006, 15:31
Ahoy BSK,

Welcome aboard, enjoy yourself on this fine ship and her crew, as we do; looking forward to your postings.
From Holland

thunderd
15th February 2006, 22:29
Hello BSK and welcome to the site, with your experience you must have a lot of memories to share with us and we look forward to them.

billyboy
16th February 2006, 00:28
Welcom aboard the "happy ship". great crew here and plenty of knowledge to draw on. enjoy all that is on offer.

jim barnes
16th February 2006, 02:00
Welcome aboard BLACK SEA KID plenty to do on this site good place to share your memories, unbelievable tales but if you have been to sea you know they are true (Thumb) (Hippy)

Black Sea Kid
16th February 2006, 18:31
To all those that have greeted me in this thread, in fact everyone .....

Many thanks for your warm words and comments.

Believe it or not (and you Old Hands will believe, that I am certain) have already linked up with an old Ship Mate of 30 over years back - I am amazed (but then again, they say that "Jolly Jack" should never be amazed as Mother Nature has her way of turning things around).

Need to start dredging my server for On-Hire Condition report photos as can see that anything goes and everything is of interest - the sign of true Professionals.

Will be back/BSK