HMS Circe crew

circemeikle
4th October 2012, 20:52
Hello all. I joined because my dad, who died three years ago, was a signalman on the minesweeper HMS Circe. He was Robert Meikle from the Scottish Borders. Dad took some pictures from Circe, and I would be delighted to post them. He was only 17 when he put to sea and had a really rough time. He wouldn't talk about the war. Another reason for joining is that I have inherited lots of old Port Line documents including logs of the ships dating back before the First World War. So here I am, hoping to add some extra interest. Regards, David Meikle.

Pompeyfan
4th October 2012, 21:16
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard David.

gdynia
5th October 2012, 05:00
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage

jg grant
5th October 2012, 09:53
Hello from NZ CM, Ronnie ex Leith pool.

linerrich
5th October 2012, 11:55
Greetings and Welcome Aboard!

Rich

Gulpers
5th October 2012, 14:00
Also on behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and will also get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
5th October 2012, 23:21
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

R58484956
6th October 2012, 11:31
Greetings David and welcome to SN. Those Port line papers might be worth something, hold onto them. Bon voyage.

daz2397
12th September 2013, 09:57
Hello all. I joined because my dad, who died three years ago, was a signalman on the minesweeper HMS Circe. He was Robert Meikle from the Scottish Borders. Dad took some pictures from Circe, and I would be delighted to post them. He was only 17 when he put to sea and had a really rough time. He wouldn't talk about the war. Another reason for joining is that I have inherited lots of old Port Line documents including logs of the ships dating back before the First World War. So here I am, hoping to add some extra interest. Regards, David Meikle.

Hi David
My Grandfather was on HMS CIRCE in WW2.
Jim REED, STOKER.
I will be happy to look at what you have re HMS CIRCE.
It was apparently his favourite ship and he was on a few.

Regards

Darren CULVERWELL