Saying hello

ThumperGT
8th October 2012, 20:13
Just joined, and wanted to introduce myself - briefly!

Many years ago I used to work with Ships Monthly, alongside the great Bob Shopland, but my interest was recently revived when I acquired a large collection of Edwardian and pre-WW2 postcards depicting ships, many of them with fascinating histories.

While researching some of the vessels in the Jamaica Direct Fruit Line I discovered this forum, and wanted to learn some more. When I can get them scanned, I'll add some of my photos here.

My other boating interests are much smaller - I used to operate a full length hotel narrowboat on the UK waterways and am currently plucking up the courage (and finances!) to begin the restoration of a 1954 aluminium-hulled racing boat.

Gulpers
8th October 2012, 20:37
ThumperGT,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

ThumperGT
8th October 2012, 20:59
ThumperGT,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, thanks for your introduction and a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey.
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

Thanks Gulpers. Have just uncovered further info on the SS Erin, which I'll add to one of the images in the gallery. Apologies to anyone if I breach SN etiquette, but hopefully I'll find my sea legs in due course.

Gulpers
8th October 2012, 21:04
No problem ThumperGT - you seem to be settling in nicely.
Enjoy your time on SN - beware though, it becomes addictive! (Bounce)

Pompeyfan
8th October 2012, 21:26
Also on behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard ThumperGT.

billyboy
8th October 2012, 22:06
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer

gdynia
9th October 2012, 05:54
Welcome onboard to SN and enjoy the voyage