Malcolm

Swingle
9th October 2012, 07:47
Hi: I am looking for fellow passengers on the CAPETOWN CASTLE's fatal voyage of 1960. (Fatal - I believe it was her last voyaqe following the boiler explosion that disabled her.)

Pompeyfan
9th October 2012, 08:53
On behalf of the 'SN Moderating Team', welcome aboard Malcolm.

Information on Capetown Castle here https://www.shipsnostalgia.com/showthread.php?t=200

I hope you find fellow passengers.

gdynia
9th October 2012, 09:58
welcome onboard SN and enjoy the voyage

Varley
9th October 2012, 11:05
The infamous starting air system explosion (not boiler).

Chris Isaac
9th October 2012, 12:28
Hi: I am looking for fellow passengers on the CAPETOWN CASTLE's fatal voyage of 1960. (Fatal - I believe it was her last voyaqe following the boiler explosion that disabled her.)

Tragic though the event was she continued in service until 1967. Indeed I was 4th Officer on her in 1966.
As Varley has stated it was not a boiler explosion but a build up of oil in the air start lines caused a compressed air cylinder to explode whilst she was at Las Palmas.

Gulpers
9th October 2012, 20:07
Malcolm,

On behalf of the SN Moderating Team, a warm welcome aboard from the Isle of Anglesey!
You will thoroughly enjoy your time on SN and get many happy hours entertainment from your membership. (Thumb)

billyboy
9th October 2012, 23:15
A warm welcome aboard from the Philippines. Please enjoy all this great site has to offer