Moss Tankers House Flag

Stephen J. Card
13th October 2012, 11:11
I'm making some colour plates of Flags & Funnels for a new book.
Having a small problem with the house flag of Moss Tankers while they were part of Cunard.

One source says that the flag was a red M on a white diamond on a dark blue background. I believe this is correct but a second source says the flag it a red M on white diamond, outlined in blue on a yellow flag.

Any help much apprectiated.

Stephen

A.D.FROST
13th October 2012, 11:32
I'm making some colour plates of Flags & Funnels for a new book.
Having a small problem with the house flag of Moss Tankers while they were part of Cunard.

One source says that the flag was a red M on a white diamond on a dark blue background. I believe this is correct but a second source says the flag it a red M on white diamond, outlined in blue on a yellow flag.

Any help much apprectiated.

Stephen

Mixing up Funnel with flag.

Stephen J. Card
13th October 2012, 13:49
Mixing up Funnel with flag.

Many thanks Mr Frost!

Believe it not it was an 'expert' that wrote the information that the flag was yellow!

Can I ask another favour?

I know the funnel background colour was a buff shade... from a few photos here on SN..... but the flag... was the blue a medium blue as shown in your attachment or was it the usual dark navy blue like on a Union Jack?

I'm also working on a Brocklebank flag and funnel. Can you confirm the colour of the blue on the flag? Some sources show it was a dark blue but I'm inclined to think that the blue probably matched the cerulean blue shade on the funnel.

Unfortunately all the well known Flags and Funnels books show only the design of the flag but the colours used and also on the funnels are not usually anything like they should be.

Again... thanks.

Stephen

A.D.FROST
13th October 2012, 14:13
Moss tankers is a medium blue, Brocklebanks is a similarblue which is shown on the funnel colours

Stephen J. Card
13th October 2012, 14:37
Moss tankers is a medium blue,where as Brocklebanks is a dark(Navy)blue which is shown on the funnel colours

Many thanks. Great help.

Stephen