Rosie The Riveter

cshortridge73
13th October 2012, 14:40
[CENTER]She hailed from Peoria, Biloxi, Sioux City, Glendale, Scranton and Apache Falls. She was 18 to 50, married, single, divorced, widowed, or engaged. And she came in every color of the rainbow as well as representing most ethnic of the population. Her motivations were as varied as the jobs she undertook. Making a good wage was certainly a major lure, but so was patriotism and the new-found wartime opportunities suddenly open to women. She shed her kitchen apron for an 8-ht swing shift that formerly had only been performed by men. She joined the ranks of 50 million war workers and thanks to a popular song by bandleader Kay Kyser, she became generically known as “Rosie the Riveter.”

ROSIE THE RIVETER is attached

Hope you enjoy/CENTER]

Hugh Ferguson
13th October 2012, 15:22
[CENTER]She hailed from Peoria, Biloxi, Sioux City, Glendale, Scranton and Apache Falls. She was 18 to 50, married, single, divorced, widowed, or engaged. And she came in every color of the rainbow as well as representing most ethnic of the population. Her motivations were as varied as the jobs she undertook. Making a good wage was certainly a major lure, but so was patriotism and the new-found wartime opportunities suddenly open to women. She shed her kitchen apron for an 8-ht swing shift that formerly had only been performed by men. She joined the ranks of 50 million war workers and thanks to a popular song by bandleader Kay Kyser, she became generically known as “Rosie the Riveter.”

ROSIE THE RIVETER is attached

Hope you enjoy/CENTER]

Rosie's been on SN longer than you have , Bud! This is the first of 4 clips. http://www.shipsnostalgia.tv/embers/action/viewvideo/1852/Rosie_the_Riveter/ (http://www.shipsnostalgia.tv/members/action/viewvideo/1852/Rosie_the_Riveter/)

cshortridge73
13th October 2012, 15:45
Sorry....didn't realize I was over doing the situation.

Hugh Ferguson
13th October 2012, 15:50
Sorry....didn't realize I was over doing the situation.

Not at all. Take a decko at the TV war file: I've posted a lot on that which I'm sure would be of interest to you.